Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My version of the stereo cover....i ripped the face off of the oem radio and use it to cover my jvc double din unit

here's the cover off and you can see my garmin on the bottom. no problems with reception down there and it's more inconspicuous for people just walking by my truck (got tinted windows as well...and yes, i only have a 2wd)

here's my sirius controller. again, totally inconspicuous unless you know exactly where to look.

·
on line
148 Posts
the gps placement is perfect for a 2wd owner. very macgeyver-esque with the stereo cover!

·
on line
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
usmc xterra said:
Mine it still cheaper, LOL and you can put in stock unit when you trade in and keep that fine unit you have. But that's great! LOL MC
you could actually put the oem stereo back together. the button and face plate snap back together to the main unit and there's a ribbon cable that plugs back into the main unit as well. the only modification i did that i would have to reverse is to remove a support lip i glued to the top of the face plate in the back.

·
on line
27 Posts
I did pretty much the same exact thing in a car i owned a few year back when I was at school in Boston.

I had a competition system in the car and really didn't want to get it stolen (it had happened enough time in the past)

There was a rash of stereos being stolen at the time and it worked great.

Obviously I couldn't prove who was stealing the stuff, but I saw a kid walking down the sidewalk looking into every car he passed by... he didn't even give mine a second look, but he definitely stopped and looked closely at every other car with after market stereos

Currently, i opted to leave the stock head unit (ick), but everything else has been upgraded plus amps and subs

·
on line
5 Posts
Excellent!

I'm replacing my lame stock unit with a Pioneer F90BT, Alpine amps and speakers, and this is a good way to disguise the head unit. Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts