Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive read through most of the threads on here bout exhaust but still have a few questions. I didnt see anything bout exiting ahead of the rear tires. Is this possible with duals? If so, is there any pics of it?

As far as size it seems like 2.5" single or 2"-2.25" duals? I believe everyone says either magnaflow or flowmaster for a deep rumble?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Based on a vq40s horsepower and displacement+rpm range. If you're running headers or whatever you will want 2.25" pipe diameter duals. But if you're going to single the 2-2.25" pipes should merge into a 2.75-3.25" pipe. Back pressure is an effect of running too small of an exhaust or too restrictive. What you really want out of a proper system is exhaust velocity. With the proper size pipe and length etc it will create almost a vacuum effect on the engine and suck the exhaust out the tailpipe faster. More velocity=more power
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
127 Posts
I am changing my exhaust for about the fourth time soon because I can't get a good sound with 2.5" pipe(this was a bolt on Doug thorley exhaust originally that I hated) I have had a magnaflow. Doug thorley, and flowmaster on so far and hated all of them
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think 2.25" duals is how ima go if my exhaust guy can do with spare under. If not has anyone ever had em exit before the rear tires?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah but thats a turndown. Im talking bout tips that come out right before the rear tires on both sides.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yeah but thats a turndown. Im talking bout tips that come out right before the rear tires on both sides.
I doubt it since the gas tank is there on drivers side. +1 for the ground clearance quote but if you don't wheel it who cares. I actually cutnan4" diameter slot in my rear bumper for my 4" tip and slid it up in. Best idea so far.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ive thought about through the bumper. Probably would have to remove the spare tho right? And i know exiting before the rear tires would be terrible for offroad. I dont do much right now but hope to do more in the future so probably wont go that route.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'd delete primaries with Doug thorley long tube headers and buy delete pipes for secondaries and weld two race cats in place
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 20 of 32 Posts