Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was when I chopped my fenders, about 2.5 inches off. Welded the lip edges back on.
Hoping to one day reform the liners but after 3 years that ship probably sailed.
I've seen so many people do awsome insane suspension stuff then cut squares in there fenders for wheel clearance.
Just moving the arch a couple of inches will be completely out of the way.

·
TNX Veteran
4,361 Posts
Ooh.. many people cut, some people cut & notch so they can bend a lip, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone WELD the lip back on. I started with keeping the lip on mine but after I realized the fender liner was not gonna really attach there anymore I said f- it.

How are you planning to paint those?

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
In the future, I'm going to schedule my bodywork needs with Popeye. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ooh.. many people cut, some people cut & notch so they can bend a lip, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone WELD the lip back on. I started with keeping the lip on mine but after I realized the fender liner was not gonna really attach there anymore I said f- it.

How are you planning to paint those?
I have the paint work it my bumper trim post.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh yeah from past experiences the only tool that could make this cut is a mini air saw with a very short throw and the smallest tooth saw blades. I actually bought a 100$ saw just for this i haven'tused since. If I used my 400$ mini saw snapon from work it would've distorted the fender to garbage..
And im not a good welder but it doesnt matter. I did something like.this years ago trying to make the perfect bead weld I heated up the metal so much I distorted the hell out of it.
With scattered small spot welds moving around and letting it stay cool there was almost no bodywork to do..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts