Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fab'd their own fender liners or are they just nothing to worry about? I've still got my driver side but somehow I can't seem to find my passenger side. I've had to cut a pretty good chunk out of them due to rubbing and was wondering what ya'll would suggest using as an alternative. Somehow I either threw the passenger side away or something because its MIA lol. I don't like all of the road debris and what not being splattered into the engine bay. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
You definitely want something there if its a daily driver to keep water from constantly pouring into the electronics. Plenty of electronics on the passenger side, including the poorly placed alternator. I would simply try wrecking yard.

·
on line
496 Posts
My passenger side got broken after a small impact with a deer, which broke my front bumper same side also. ( Now I got Shrock bumper ). I replaced it with factory, and paid $ 90 here in Canada. For sure it's cheaper in the US. One guy in a club I met once got aftermarket ones for both sides, he said it's cheaper, softer and more flexible than factory one to manipulate or melt mod. Can't remember the brand, but aftermarket do exist according to him.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Buy cheap rubber matting from a hardware store and secure with zip ties and screws with washers. It does not need to cover the entire wheel well, just cover the engine side and use undercoating paint on the rest.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Update! This sparked me to start messing with my fender liners again, I trimmed them way back and plan on attaching them with sheet metal screws in a few select areas. I will post pictures and more details when I finish, hopefully this weekend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts