Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
on line
1,792 Posts
I have Hannemann replacement fenders, but trimmed fenders and flares would be a great option for Titan swaps and the like. So far, I haven't heard of any dedicated Xterra flares.

Nice find though. That stuff should work nicely.

·
on line
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks...I am hoping someone has tried this before...before I order them.

For al you Americans does JC Whitney only sell their stuff online...or do they have an actual store location?

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Ya know Miles, I've actually been buying from J.C.Whitney for at least 25 yrs--

--When I was building cars/trucks I would get a lot of replacement seals/gaskets/accessories and CLONES from them--

--GREAT co., great customer services and FAIRLY quality stuff--

--I don't know of ANY stores and I have never seen an advertisement for any location, I get email deals EVERY DAY from them, because I've been a customer a long time, free shipping sale prices-etc--

--NOW to your original question (still there) Yes those fender FLARES, are TOP DRTAWER (good) , but--

--You have to choose the model you can use and upon receipt, you have a pretty involved job, of drilling, screwing, triming and installing-not easy--

--Years ago I had a 1992 Ford Ranger 4wd with BIG tires/lift/bumpers and more and I put those on, because here in California, you have to be less than conspicuous with big tires sticking out--

--They're a good deal, but you have to put in TIME for an attractive installation--

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Thats a good idea MC, although, I doubt we'll get any satisfaction--

--THOSE flares, from J.C. are UNIVERSAL they'll fit any fender opening--

mcampana said:
Miles, email a company and ask them what they could do to get flares that woudl fit the X. Sometimes a slight mod to existing flares could work.
--Which is why, I said they're a (female word) to cut/fit--

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
807 Posts
This Titan has those same flares on it. I know its not an Xterra, but it at least gives you an idea of what they look like installed.
http://www.austinm.net/titan/index.html
Click on "PRG Traction Bars" and you can see them installed.

·
on line
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mcampana said:
Miles, email a company and ask them what they could do to get flares that woudl fit the X. Sometimes a slight mod to existing flares could work.
I already emailed bushwacker....but no reply as of yet....gonna try some more

·
on line
2,248 Posts
stevet47 said:
This Titan has those same flares on it. I know its not an Xterra, but it at least gives you an idea of what they look like installed.
http://www.austinm.net/titan/index.html
Click on "PRG Traction Bars" and you can see them installed.
Hmm. Those look better than I thought they would. It looks like they conform to a round fender well, but wonder how well they would work when applied to a straight edge, like the top of the X's front fender well.

EDIT: I guess the sample photos on the JC Whitney page shows a fender well with a bit of a straight edge to it. I wonder how well this stuff holds up. Maybe I should give it a whirl on my Titan swap....

·
on line
807 Posts
The back of the rear wheel well looks odd, but other than that, it looks great on that X.

·
on line
14,014 Posts
Yeah, on top of shipping the X! This guy had EVRERYTHING; skids, front & rear bumnpers, sliders, TC UCA's w/ Radflo's, Deavers, shackles, ProComp rear shocks, and on and on and on.

I was drooling when I got to base and saw that in front of the barracks. This was back in Jan-Feb of 07 and had yet to do pretty much any mods to my X so I was like a kid in a candy shop.

·
on line
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think it looks pretty awesome....can anyone make out which ones he might have?

can any photoshop experts photoshop the flares on an X

thanks

·
on line
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was thinking the standard duty because it seems that the lip is larger....JC Whitney sells them as a 25ft role...it would be a good purchase for 2 people..split the cost. I dont think you would use all 25 ft on your X maybe only half.

·
on line
192 Posts
My neighbor does some custom fiberglass and made some fender flares for his jeep, i can talk to him about making some for our trucks. There are no companies that make custom ones for us?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts