Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
on line
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my shipping info from Jim and 3 of the 5 packages showed up on time. Check the tracking number on the last 2 packages. One showed that it ended up at a FedEx hub in Henderson, Nevada. The other is missing in action, I shows that it left the Los Angeles hub a 2:30 am on the 24th and has not been seen since. Any suggestion? They said the would replace the missing one, but ....

Rant done.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I had a similar thing happen to my skids. Since they were unpainted Jim just slapped a shipping label on the skid and sent it out. I got 3 one day and the 4th almost a week later as the label had been damaged and they couldn't read it.

·
on line
631 Posts
henderson nevada huh?? i swear i dont have it :geek:

·
on line
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And now for the rest of the story.

I have gotten one of the missing skids from FedEx, it was delivered yesterday. Now for the best part. According to FedEx they can't find the last one. But I have the last one. I got a call yesterday from a carpet store about 20 mile south of me saying that they got a skid plate addressed to me in a sealed box addressed to them. Also in that box were to business style phones and 2 carpet samples. There was just supposed to be 12 carpet samples in the box, not my plate and not the phones. So what do I do? I'm scared of Karma so I think I will tell FedEx that I recieved the plate from someone else who had it delivered to them. Or I could just let FedEx give me the money for the missing plate. Any thoughts?

·
on line
358 Posts
It sounds like a couple of boxes (yours and the carpet squares) were damaged, spilling their guts. FedX reboxed them thinking it all went to the carpet store. Just come clean and call FedX and explain that you have the skid. Do the honest thing.

Just my .02 cents

·
on line
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gerdo said:
It sounds like a couple of boxes (yours and the carpet squares) were damaged, spilling their guts. FedX reboxed them thinking it all went to the carpet store. Just come clean and call FedX and explain that you have the skid. Do the honest thing.

Just my .02 cents
Your right, I'll give them a call today.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Yeah just tell FedEx what happened.

I had a similar problem with UPS at X-mas where a gift I ordered for my wife next day never arrived, but UPS tracking said it was left on the porch. So I called and bitched and received a second gift the next day. two weeks after X-mas the original box shows up on my porch. I never call UPS.

Back in April the driver showed up at my door at 8 pm asking about the package. I said we got it, but 2 weeks late. They wanted me to sign something. I refused. After UPS called me several times we finally resolved it.

I think because we also had several other items delivered that day the UPS man missed the package, but check it as delivered. Not sure why it showed up 2 weeks later.

·
on line
641 Posts
X_Trippin said:
And now for the rest of the story ... So what do I do? I'm scared of Karma so I think I will tell FedEx that I recieved the plate from someone else who had it delivered to them. Or I could just let FedEx give me the money for the missing plate. Any thoughts?
Tell them the truth. However....

For this case, their relationship is with Shrockworks - they are the shipper for a shipment Shrockworks sent to you. But, unless there are any 'service fees' that Jim charges, you are the one who paid for the shipping.

Either way, you didn't receive the service that you expected. Jim didn't get the service he expected. You can argue that you didn't get the service you paid for.

If it was me, I would be asking Fedex how much of a refund they are going to give on the shipping. Technically, that request may have to come from Jim, and they may only give a refund to him, but you may be able to initiate the process, and they just might give the refund directly to you (with Jim's approval?), although you could argue that they should be compensating both of you, because neither of you received the expected service.

·
on line
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I gave Jim a call and he said that he would call FedEx and request a refund for the shipping of that particular part. He told me to give him a call in about 2 weeks, as FedEx is slow to handle these types of situations. Thanks for tip guys, just hope that I don't have this problem when my sliders ship out later this month.

·
on line
429 Posts
X_Trippin said:
I gave Jim a call and he said that he would call FedEx and request a refund for the shipping of that particular part. He told me to give him a call in about 2 weeks, as FedEx is slow to handle these types of situations.
I'm a huge fan of Shrockworks products, please don't get me wrong, but I had to smile when you mentioned Jim discussing "slow" service.

"Quality is worth waiting for"... I believe this entirely... but come on and be real.

A few people had to smile at the ideation of Shrockworks talking about describing another company as "slow".

Okay... let the flames fly.

·
on line
1,744 Posts
I ordered sliders on the 20th of March and am still waiting. I believe what everyone says, great product worth the wait but I won't buy the planned bumpers etc unless I can order then pay once they ship. I'd even consider a deposit but having $1500 sitting out there for 2-3 months isn't cool.

·
on line
709 Posts
This is why im building my own sliders......

·
on line
1,054 Posts
see, i don't have to worry about any of the above...

i just hop in my xterra, cruise down the road for about twenty minutes

pull into the parking lot

get out

walk into shrockworks building

around the corner to jims desk

and say...

hey...i want this...this...that...oh and this

give him money and pick it up when he calls me :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts