Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
on line
323 Posts
After saving my pennies for a number of years and the scratch that comes in on paychecks, I have put bundled it all together with a rubber band and thrown it into a mod pit! Typically I do one big project each summer. Unfortunatley, for my wallet, the project costs seem to have grown each year.

Farley19
Year: 2005
Make: Nissan
Model: Xterra
Trim: S
Color: Superblack :rockin:

Exterior Mods-
Removed the mud flaps, added Fog lights, hood rod mod, bug shield, stubby antenna, Shrockworks front bumper with Warn 9.5xp and 2 hella 500's, Shrockworks rear bumper with tire carrier and High lift jack, SW sliders, Rancho 9000 fully adjustable rear shocks, aftermarket shackles, Deaver AAL, total chaos uca's, Radflo Coilovers. Procomp wheels 7189 and (pictured) Mickey Thompson 285/70/17 Baja MTZ's. Current Tires are BFG KM2's 285/70/17. Custom install "through the tube of the rack" with alley lights and rear driving lights (4 Hella 75ffs). In front: Xoskel low pro light bar rack with 4 Hella 75ffs. (Seasonally) Thule load bars and rack up top for bike, ski/snowboard and a kayak. Nismo cold Air intake. Automatic Start/security system, Kleinn Train Horn, On Board Air, Shrockworks skids underneath and rear dif cover. 6 white LED rock lights on frame underneath. Gobi Ladder on the rear hatch and last but not least... Doug Thorley Headers and DT catback exhaust.

Interior Mods-
Ipod/XM/stereo/DVD HU, with blue tooth for hands free telephone use and rearview camera. Garmin GPS, replaced stock speakers with Alpine Speakers, custom stealthed amps, two custom subs, lobo w/lights and Maglite, sunglass compartment, and rear view mirror with temp/compass. Monitors in the headrests. All weather floor mats. Lots of switches for the exterior lights... Steel cargo divider. Fire extinguisher mounted on the divider. Recently, I installed a plain jane Uniden CB in front of the shifter and the quick detach firestick sits on top driver side. It's mounted under the roof rack module.

My Xterra Pics

Was

Now

·
on line
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The original lift package had daystar leveling kit spacers and quick lift shocks up front. Now the Radflo coilovers are in. The rear (1st shot) had nothing but shackles, but the rear in the 2nd pic has Deaver AAL and Shackles. The front is a bit lower after the suspension/bumper change but I can articulate much better and I have down travel. It rides (and corners) much much better. With leveling kit and quick lift shocks, the wheel was all the way down all the time, because of the height, the UCA was down against the shock bucket squashing the bumpstop, not giving me any down motion? In other words, it was rough over a speed bumps. Now, no problem.

·
on line
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Jon!

i love your x man. was my background for sometime. thought about putting my bikes on the roof rack, but how hard is it to latch down the wheels and stuff? oh and those air horns are sick
Thanks Jon. What a compliment that my X had been your background! I appreciate the props. I really like the look of the bikes on top... I just have to remind myself to watch low entry ways. I would be beside myself if while the bike or kayak was on top of the X and I were to run into something. It's not hard to get stuff on the top. I one hand the bike frame down near the main sprocket, hoist the bike up over my shoulder stand on the back tire while extending my arm. Once up on the tire, I place the bike in the tray. My particular bike racks have a pinching type lock mechanism that locks on to the frame. Once that is on, it all good, lock in the tires with the straps and I'm done. Takes literally, 1 min and 14 seconds.

·
on line
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like em. They have served very well in our heaviest monsoons and well, on our driest days. Someone might not like road noise and scoff at the selection, but I have the stereo system up so loud, I can't hear anything but the music anyway.

·
on line
3,929 Posts
I like em. They have served very well in our heaviest monsoons and well, on our driest days. Someone might not like road noise and scoff at the selection, but I have the stereo system up so loud, I can't hear anything but the music anyway.
how loud are they on I-10? and you say they're decent during the monsoon? i've got a couple more years left here in Tucson before my next base so i want something decent during those months...

·
on line
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
how loud are they on I-10? and you say they're decent during the monsoon? i've got a couple more years left here in Tucson before my next base so i want something decent during those months...
I drove all over the place today in the rain and didn't slip once. I don't drive much more than +4/5 over the speed limit, and I have nothing to prove off the line from the stop light, but these tires really handle well on every surface. Surface streets, dirt roads, mud, sand/river bed, highway and freeway today and the tires served very well. I think it's funny but true, so I'll say it again here... These tires hold tighter than a kung fu grip!

·
on line
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
List of possible Mods

Sky is not the limit and I have to be able to pull the Xterra into a garage so keep those limitations in mind when suggestions meet your fingertips...

Here is what I am thinking to do in the future:
Custom full leaf pack replacements for the rear
Headers/Exhaust
Light Bar/integration into the air dam
Reverse lights with rack lights (6 total/2 each side)
Second Battery

Weigh in on rating the next modification or organize this list according to 1-5 (one being most important/imperative) and or add your ideas for mods. Thanks for your input in advance...:salute:

1 - 20 of 87 Posts