Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like a family trip to Moab this summer. It's not everyday that a 23 year old and a 17 year old kids want to go on vacation with their parents. My question is, How much can we do in a stock Xterra? We will be taking our new, that we will be buying soon, Xterra and a 2000 4Runner and a 05 Jeep Wrangler TJ. The 4Runner and Jeep both have 3 inches of lift so I'm not worired about them. Are there any trails that we should stick too? Is there a good trail guide that I should get?

·
on line
62 Posts
Be sure to pick up the book "Guide to Moab, UT Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails" by Charles A. Wells.
That little book is worth it's weight in gold if you don't know the trails.
It lists all the trails and categorizes them from easiest to most difficult. You will really be surprised at how for you go in your rigs.

We will be there during the last week of May and would be more than happy to hook up for a trail or two.
Vince

·
on line
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you going down for GoneMoab? I have to see when everyone gets out of school.

·
on line
62 Posts
ChrisTerra said:
Are you going down for GoneMoab? I have to see when everyone gets out of school.
Unfortunately, we arrive in Moab the day after the event ends.

While our trip is not primarily a wheeling trip, had I known about the Xterra event, I would have booked it for the same week.

Vince :clown:

·
on line
3,218 Posts
You can succesfully navigate some of the more popular trails in a stock 4wd X, even w/ OE tires and just sliders. As far as the sliders go, you'll prolly never even need 'em. Most every trail led at GONE, can be done in a stock Gen1 or 2 XTERRA. Everyone should go at some time or another, before the lands are closed to wheelers, and outdoor enthusiasts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts