Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I used to run the Falken Rocky Mountain tires which are the exact same tire as the Wildpeak they are just named differently. Took them wheelin to last years shocker run and had no issues. My xterra is my daily driver and they are quiet on the street, held the road, no slippage, all around good tire. I sold my set since I went up to 17" titan wheels and M/T tires.

·
on line
750 Posts
I have these as well and agree..nice on the street, ok on dirt roads, but not-so-great in snow/slush. I've yet to wheel on jeep trails or more challenging trails with them.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I had them for a week, wheeled them they were average. I didnt like the feel on street, felt very soft and squeshy to me, like driving on bubble gum, I returned to Discount and went with Duratracs which is much stiffer sidewall and better for wheelin. There are a lot of good reviews on them so to each is own.

There probably fine for dd and are cheap price wise.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have the Wildpeak A/T3W after a recommendation from my brother in law that runs them on his Tacoma. I think they are great, performed well for me off road. by far the QUITEST A/T i have ever run. sounds like the stock tire which was great for me.
I can say during my research before i bought them make sure your are researching the NEWEST version of the tire (A/T3W) the older versions i think performed well but did not have as high marks as these. I wouldn't say they are the absolute best offroad performing tire, but i haven't had any issues off road, and for my X being my daily driver they are incredibly quite and perform well on the street. I haven't even noticed any wear yet.
Im in NJ, if you ever wanted to check out in person drop me a PM

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts