Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just go my new factory mounting brackets. I was wondering if anyone knows what type of metal these are made from. I have some Rustoleum that I was planning on spraying them with, but it said that it was not to be used on galvanized metal.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
not sure but mine did have a rust spot on it when I changed my stereo if that helps at all.

·
on line
1,161 Posts
cold roll galvanized... you can have them sandblasted to remove the galvanize and then you can paint them...

·
on line
874 Posts
where did you get them from? I sold my stock radio with them on it and nowI want to upgrade to indash nav and need them again

·
on line
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
marzterra said:
where did you get them from? I sold my stock radio with them on it and nowI want to upgrade to indash nav and need them again
I got them from enissanparts.com, however, one of them is already showing signs of rust. I dont feel like exchanging them because i know that eventually they will get that way since my previous ones already had rust forming on them also. I have my original ones that I could sell you. They were for the single disc factory radio.

Muzikman said:
Umm, just curious, why paint them?
In order to stop the rust.

·
on line
1,161 Posts
marzterra said:
i got a set for sale check swap meet section

1 - 8 of 8 Posts