Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2011 Xterra Pro 4X and i am looking to find some "mesh" style guards for the factory installed Off Road lights (mounted in the roof rack). I want to replace the very unstylish solid covers that came from the factory. From looking around, i can't tell if PIAA (or anyone else) makes something that will fit.

thanks
b

·
on line
4,434 Posts
For any of road light above the headlights, Federal law requires a solid cover over the light when on the road. Therefore good luck finding anything.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
plus the stock covers have a magnet in them that triggers a safty switch that will not allow you to turn your OR lights on with the covers still on as well.

·
Registered
822 Posts
maybe just get creative with a dremel and cut a slender X out or have someone make up some vinyl stickers to style up the stock ones. Since the law saws you need them may as well have a little fun with it.

·
Premium Member
9,953 Posts
I need a set of covers for the roof rack mounted lights, suggestions. cannot find them on nissan parts website

They are usually under body-electrical --> headlamps. Be sure to set your vehicle attributes as pro4x before searching.

Ramness would be a great option too if he can find them. Make sure the magnets are not missing if you buy used.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts