·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
on line
306 Posts
I randomly found a iPod connector in my newly purchased X after 2 weeks). So I ripped open the dash and found this thing in there (attached).

I don't have an i-anything so I am trying to convert it to an AUX port. Will something like this work or will the head unit not recognize it?

http://www.amazon.com/CableJive-doc...83520049&sr=1-2&keywords=iphone+female+to+aux
Don't think it will. If you have the RF stereo, the iPod connector allowed you to control the iPod from the stereo, so its was more than a simple audio input. Would be easier to get an iPod from eBay and use it as designed.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't think it will. If you have the RF stereo, the iPod connector allowed you to control the iPod from the stereo, so its was more than a simple audio input. Would be easier to get an iPod from eBay and use it as designed.
yeah i hate apple. with the aux adapter, I could use the AUX on a regular basis and my wife could hook up he iphone when she drove it.

Any other options?

·
Registered
21 Posts
This brings up a point.

Do all Xterras have that box? I have an iPod and would like it to play through the Xterra's audio system, but I have an Xterra with a radio with no AUX 1/8" jack.

Is a wireless RF system built in? I have problems with RF Xmitter type interfaces cause I can't find any unoccupied FM channels in metro area.:scratch:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This brings up a point.

Do all Xterras have that box? I have an iPod and would like it to play through the Xterra's audio system, but I have an Xterra with a radio with no AUX 1/8" jack.

Is a wireless RF system built in? I have problems with RF Xmitter type interfaces cause I can't find any unoccupied FM channels in metro area.:scratch:
This one is non wireless and plugs directly into the fear of the head unit

I can sell you it for cheap since i need to get a PAC one anyway. It plays through the radio (also controlled) and charges certain models too (or you an get an adapter that will for sure) You just have to have sat installed on your head unit but I don't know if it needs to be the RF one or not.

·
on line
306 Posts
This one is non wireless and plugs directly into the fear of the head unit

I can sell you it for cheap since i need to get a PAC one anyway. It plays through the radio (also controlled) and charges certain models too (or you an get an adapter that will for sure) You just have to have sat installed on your head unit but I don't know if it needs to be the RF one or not.
It did not come on all xterras. It was an option (sometimes dealer or owner installed) for the Rockford Fosgate stereo. The radio was capable of using an additional sat radio receiver, but you could use the iPod adapter option instead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts