Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
on line
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here. Bought a 2007 'X' model in August and one of the first things I did was ditch the OEM (not RF) stereo. I never even put a CD in it. I put in the Pioneer DEH-P6900UB and really like it. The USB interface is very nice. The end of the cable sits in the glove box, making for a nice, clean install. Eventually I will upgrade the speakers and put in an amp and sub.
To my question. The factory DVD player seems to have the capability of being linked to the stereo system (though I never got to try it out). I figure there must be an aux input for the OEM stereo that the DVD player would interface with, through the harness. Does anyone have any information on how that is wired? There is a button that has a speaker icon beside it on the DVD mount, but pressing it does nothing (no surprise there). It isn't a big deal, I can live with the kids having to use the wireless headphones, it just is a minor annoyance to me to have something not working the way it should

Thanks

Andrew

·
on line
1,163 Posts
called the nissan dealer and they said that the 07' Xterras dont come with factory in roof dvd player.

·
on line
82 Posts

·
on line
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"called the nissan dealer and they said that the 07' Xterras dont come with factory in roof dvd player."

Someone forgot to tell my Xterra that. Drove it off the lot with 23 miles on the clock with the DVD in the ceiling. The folks you were talking to were obviously confused. It does appear that they dropped this option with the 2008 model. When the DVD player boots up, it has "NISSAN" splashed across the screen. (pictures available upon request).

All I was looking for was to take the existing DVD and route the sound through my new HU - if it isn't workable I am not overly concerned about it.

Thanks for the replies.

Andrew

·
on line
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like the gauntlet has been thrown down ;-) Too easy! You will have to wait until either tonight or tomorrow, though. I will let you know when I upload the pictures after I have taken them.

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Pics are not going to solve this debate. All they will show is you have an in roof DVD...

Dealer may have installed the DVD player as soon as the X came off the truck.

But who cares? Get out and enjoy! :cheers:

·
on line
1,361 Posts
i agree who cares, but it's cool your X has a dvd player especially for those nights sleeping in the X

·
on line
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is a pic of the new baby. I added the side molding on Saturday.

Here is the DVD unit stowed:

Screen down:

Powered on (no disc in the unit)

Pioneer HU and Garmin c340

Non-factory security system:

For those of you who still doubt, I went on Nissan's website in August when the '07 was still available and the DVD player was an option.

And for those of you who STILL doubt....I got a DVD player and you didn't!

:geek:

·
on line
971 Posts
Even though it says Nissan as the startup screen, I don't think that it's factory. If it were factory, i think that they would make the DVD player housing monotone matching the color of your headliner (just like the headliner lights and the O Shi*! bars) rather than 2 colors of black and gray/silver.

·
on line
192 Posts
Who cares where it came from or how it got there, looks good, although grey would have helped it match better.

I would suggest taking it to a stereo shop to try and get it hooked into the headunit. I know they make head units with aux inputs, so find that then get an adaptor for the dvd player.

·
on line
191 Posts
LOOK OUT HES GOT A GUN!! EVERYBODY DOWN!!!

I have seen this at dealers, I think its a dealer or port install.

·
on line
6 Posts
New here

Hi, I'm new here, so I'll keep my comments brief.

The in-roof dvd is new for 2008. My brother-in-law works for a dealership in Jacksonville, so I'm looking into getting this for my 2007 at a discounted rate. :thumbright: If you check out the accessories for the xterra on the nissanusa website, it's listed there with the new ipod connector and the new Nevada tow package.

Jud

·
on line
628 Posts
detrafi said:
To my question. The factory DVD player seems to have the capability of being linked to the stereo system (though I never got to try it out). I figure there must be an aux input for the OEM stereo that the DVD player would interface with, through the harness. Does anyone have any information on how that is wired? There is a button that has a speaker icon beside it on the DVD mount, but pressing it does nothing (no surprise there).

Thanks

Andrew
http://www.nissanusa.com/xterra/accessories.html

The site says that there is a "required installation kit sold separately" maybe that would be the answer to your dilemma. Thats kind of cool that it is removable. I wonder about the quality of the player itself though. I never had much luck with those, I went through two in about 11 months, of course I was using them in the middle of sand storms constantly.

·
on line
628 Posts
Re: New here

Jud said:
Hi, I'm new here, so I'll keep my comments brief.

The in-roof dvd is new for 2008. My brother-in-law works for a dealership in Jacksonville, so I'm looking into getting this for my 2007 at a discounted rate. :thumbright: If you check out the accessories for the xterra on the nissanusa website, it's listed there with the new ipod connector and the new Nevada tow package.

Jud
No need to be brief just because your new here. As long as you stay relevant to the topic (which this post is clearly not), we want to hear what you have to say, besides we are all here to share information.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts