Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i kno this topic has been stressed over and over, but im still confused. i just want to get a sum of all the posts into one, to help me with an install. ok, so i am looking into putting fog lights into the factory holes in the lower bumper. how do you remove those caps, and is it prewired. if so, how would i splice and run a switch to the inside?
thanks in advance, and sorry for rebringing up this topic.

·
on line
23 Posts
Well, today at work I ordered some fog lights for my S model. Can't wait to get them in and installed! My next mod will probably be the exterior numeric keypad. My very first mod (1 year ago) was taking that dang dealer tag off the front of my car and the dealer sticker off the back.

·
on line
149 Posts
i've spent the last thirty minutes or so searching, i still don't see what i'm looking for. what exactly would i see if my xterra were pre-wired for factory fog lights? (or would i not see if it isn't pre-wired) . . . sorry about the thread hi-jack.

·
on line
631 Posts
im to lazy to look for the thread... but behind the bumper, when laying on the ground, above the fog light mounting area you will see (or feel) for a wiring harness. it is usually taped to the bumper near the fog light mounts. i dont have the harness, so i cant install factory fogs. all you do is purchase the fog light kit from some nissan site (which someone will post after me) comes with the staulk (basically the turn signal/headlight switch assembly) and the fog lights with mounts. easy install from others have said. but one person ran into a problem with his 07, i guess the staulk is different than the 05-06 models...

·
on line
149 Posts
is this the wiring harness/bundle/connector that i'm looking for (see picture below) . . . with the yellow end cap? if so than i'm 99% sure i can see that up in behind the bumper. is it taped up or tied or something?

·
on line
641 Posts
userzero said:
is this the wiring harness/bundle/connector that i'm looking for (see picture below)
What the hell did you do to my photo - it looks like crap now :-(

You can clearly see the factory fog light wiring in a number of my photos, as I said above. This photo clearly shows the driver's side wiring, hanging down in front of the plastic fender liner. Whether it's taped/tied up for vehicles that came without the factory fog lights, I don't know:

·
on line
149 Posts
yeah, sorry about jacking up your pics. :blackeye:

but that is what i'm looking for, the yellow thing in that fine looking red photoshop circle?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts