Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
Am I the only one that thinks its ironic that Nissan will promote something like this on Facebook, and then turn around and deny warranty for off-road/abuse at the same time?
Not at all. If they promote the cool things the X can do, they make money by selling an X. If they deny a warranty for an X getting damaged doing cool things, they save money.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Not at all. If they promote the cool things the X can do, they make money by selling an X. If they deny a warranty for an X getting damaged doing cool things, they save money.
I'm not referring to trail damage. My clutch is prematurely failing at under 12,000 miles, but my vehicle has been wheeled (normally in 4LO and never like those pics) to protect against adverse clutch or drivetrain strain. I fully expect warranty denial due to off-road use. So I do find it very ironic.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
1. How would they know you took it off road?
2. Biggest reason to buy automatic- it's too easy for warranty denial on a stick

I'm not referring to trail damage. My clutch is prematurely failing at under 12,000 miles, but my vehicle has been wheeled (normally in 4LO and never like those pics) to protect against adverse clutch or drivetrain strain. I fully expect warranty denial due to off-road use. So I do find it very ironic.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Just wash it really well. They'll never know! LOL

·
Registered
595 Posts
I'd recommend less use of the clutch when you're in the mud. If they deny you it will be because of premature wear due to mud and water in there.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I generally try to keep it in 2nd when offroad and in 4LO, so there is not generally too much clutch action. I was unaware that water/mud could get inside the bellhousing though? Not me questioning you here - probably more a case of my ignorance. I learn new things everyday about this truck.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I generally try to keep it in 2nd when offroad and in 4LO, so there is not generally too much clutch action. I was unaware that water/mud could get inside the bellhousing though? Not me questioning you here - probably more a case of my ignorance. I learn new things everyday about this truck.
/re-thread jack..

my 2006 xterra had the clutch fail early and it wasn't under warranty because it was a wear part. They did end up replacing it for free because I made a big deal about it. 37K on my 2011 and no sign of issues. No shifty if the mud is transmission case high :D and if you have to shift, stall it, shift no clutch and then use the clutch cancel...

/end re-thread jack..

...and I still don't know if the rear bumper survived :dontknow::laughing6:
I looks like he has a hitch so I would say yes! My hitch protects the stock rear bumper pretty well. It is basically rear slider.

·
Premium Member
3,628 Posts
Yes, The wall on Steel Bender is an Awesome Obstacle and great for photos.
The Bumper absolutely survived without more than a scratch.
We also have video of a Frontier doing this same obstacle, even with the longer wheelbase, it made it without damage.

Here is a video with a few of the guys doing this obstacle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjuEHsvK-1I

Brian

1 - 17 of 17 Posts