Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
2,540 Posts
I know the rear leafs are diff on the Fronty's. They are leaf over axle where ours are leaf under so thats proably the only part that would not work. You might try calling them and ask if they know of an Xterra varation or a work around for the rear.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
fabtech will tell you straight up that it won't work on the X. it's a liability for them since they've not tested it on the X.
As discussed before; all you have to do is ditch the blocks for the rear and get an aftermarket leaf pack (alcan, deaver, etc)

·
on line
2,077 Posts
the stock leaf pack for the fronty and the X have the same part numbers, so the AAL would probably work...but...the block will not since we have the leaves under the axle and the fronty has leaves over the axle. Better off getting an alcan leaf pack, or maybe the deavers and shackles from prg would give enought height if you set the shackle to the max height. The front components are the same between the two trucks, so no issues there, just th rear that will give you problems.

·
on line
807 Posts
willgr1 said:
the stock leaf pack for the fronty and the X have the same part numbers, so the AAL would probably work...
I agree that the AAL would probably work, however the X and Frontier leafpacks are not the same. The Frontier leafpacks are several inches longer and have significantly less arc to them.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Okay check out my thread on the Calmini kit with PRG stuff. The reason I say this is because I bought the frontier Calmini kit rather than the Xterra kit (for a couple of reasons listed). this thread should give you a good idea of what you need to do to make the fabtech kit work for you.

http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3197

1 - 7 of 7 Posts