Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I got rear ended by an F350 on the way home from work tonight.
I was at a full stop waiting my turn to get off at an offramp.
He hit me doing somewhere in the neighborhood of 50mph

Like they say, a mile a way from home is where all the trouble happens.

Blows.

Surprisingly, the Hefty bumper opened an closed normally. Plus 1 for the Hefty I guess. We'll see tomorrow in the daylight if my frame is tweaked

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
First of all, Glad your ok and able to share a couple pics.

second of all holly poop if an F350 hit you going 50 and that' s all the damages you have, you really lucked out and need to go get a lottery ticket.

also could you take some more pics of the bumper ( maybe in the daylight) to show people how well everything held up to the collision

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Yikes. Looks like the Hefty held up well, but the tailgate and window are another story. Hope most the damage is isolated to the body and that the frame is still good.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
First of all, Glad your ok and able to share a couple pics.

second of all holly poop if an F350 hit you going 50 and that' s all the damages you have, you really lucked out and need to go get a lottery ticket.

also could you take some more pics of the bumper ( maybe in the daylight) to show people how well everything held up to the collision
That's how fast the guy said he was going. I don't know how I would judge that. I was looking forward listening to talk radio.

It's kind of a cluster at that exit.
Two freeways meet
Two lanes merge into one exit lane

The guy said he was trying to merge to stay on the freeway and a car merged in front of him. Who knows.

·
Registered
550 Posts
anybody else want pictures of the f350? just to see the damage that was wreaked on it's poor plastic pieces?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Ouch. Glad you are ok. That looks damn good for a 50 mph rear ending. I hope the frame is ok.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
glad you are alright. Looks like the hefty really took the damage well.
When I saw the first pic and your post said 50mph i was really confused because it looked like there was zero damage to your truck except a few dents in the jerry can holder and cans.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
That sucks man, you were going hot and heavy on this build and it was awesome to watch, hopefully everything turns out OK.

Looks like that tire took a good portion of the hit. How far did you slide forward when he hit you?

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
ERMAHGERD! Truck. So. New...

Sucks man, especially all the work you've put into it so far and in such short time. Here's hoping its limited to the hatch and your X will be good as new in no time.

OK - I gotta ask, what's with the pool toys on bungees in the back? (I went through your build thread and couldn't find anything.)

·
on line
1,234 Posts
ERMAHGERD! Truck. So. New...

Sucks man, especially all the work you've put into it so far and in such short time. Here's hoping its limited to the hatch and your X will be good as new in no time.

OK - I gotta ask, what's with the pool toys on bungees in the back? (I went through your build thread and couldn't find anything.)
Those are shop towels, lol. Although I could see them looking like pool toys

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
glad you didn't hit anybody in front of you after he hit you from behind, that could have been worse!! but glad to hear your ok!!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts