Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I caved and finally signed myself up for an EZPass. Got the transponder today - it's a relatively small thing, not the big squares I'm used to seeing, which is nice.

Instructions state to place it right of center near the mirror, away from any tint...which looks like junk, even if it's removable. Any of you guys running EZPasses place them under the black dotted portion of the window? Any read issues?

I've also seen people putting them in the grille of their cars, not sure I like that idea or not due to all the mud that gets in there...

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I have mine above the mirror right up by the headliner. No problem what so ever

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I don't see why not. it's not a visual connection and that plastic is thinner and less dense than glass. Give it a shot and let us know

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
they have the one that attaches to your license plate.. i had that for a while, I still have it but not on the X. that is weather proof.. not sure if the white ones are. check on that !!

·
on line
951 Posts
Unless you got one of the external ones, keep it dry. Mine is to the right of the mirror, don't notice it unless I'm looking for it from the outside. The external ones mount to your front plate, but they are vulnerable to damage from idiots in parking lots, not to mention easy to steal. And no, the white ones are not waterproof.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Mine is in the center console until I hit the pike, then its on the dash tray, the thing is an eye sore.

You should plasti dip it!

Sent from my HTC EVO with AutoCrash mobile app.

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
What about under the lid of the wetbox on the roof. Should be fairly shielded from direct elements and able to get to without needing to disassemble anything.

·
Premium Member
9,953 Posts
Mine is in the center console until I hit the pike, then its on the dash tray, the thing is an eye sore.

You should plasti dip it!

Sent from my HTC EVO with AutoCrash mobile app.
this is what i do too

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
this is what i do too
why? do you like having an extra distraction when you're pulling up to a busy toll booth?

Just stick it above the mirror and be done with it. You cant even see it unless you look for it.

·
Premium Member
9,953 Posts
why? do you like having an extra distraction when you're pulling up to a busy toll booth?

Just stick it above the mirror and be done with it. You cant even see it unless you look for it.
why? Because I live in Ohio and rarely need it. I only have one from traveling to Chicago all the time (I had it mounted behind the rear view mirror then). I pretty much only use it on vacation now. Its not a big deal to set it on the dash tray at the beginning of the trip... not exactly "distracting" at a "busy" toll booth that you drive bye at 65mph

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
why? Because I live in Ohio and rarely need it. I only have one from traveling to Chicago all the time (I had it mounted behind the rear view mirror then). I pretty much only use it on vacation now. Its not a big deal to set it on the dash tray at the beginning of the trip... not exactly "distracting" at a "busy" toll booth that you drive bye at 65mph
I meant no personal insult. it's that this thread should have ended at post #2. "will it work here?" "yes it will" Now it's gonna be this big convoluted f*^k story and someones gonna suggest flying it from a kite when not in use and i'm gonna punch my computer screen through the wall. It's an ez pass not some cool light bar or custom suspension setup.

This is probably coming off wrong, I'm laughing while i type this.

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
My toll pass is attached to the gear box lid. The very bottom/front where it curves down. Works just fine, been up there over a year.

·
Premium Member
9,953 Posts
I meant no personal insult. it's that this thread should have ended at post #2. "will it work here?" "yes it will" Now it's gonna be this big convoluted f*^k story and someones gonna suggest flying it from a kite when not in use and i'm gonna punch my computer screen through the wall. It's an ez pass not some cool light bar or custom suspension setup.

This is probably coming off wrong, I'm laughing while i type this.
haha, no problem man - no offense taken

I completely agree - just put the darn thing wherever you want and forget about it

1 - 20 of 31 Posts