Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
on line
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have my CB mounted is the center counsoul, but i can her it fine with the lid closed, but with my radio off. i was looking for an external speaker for my CB for my duel watch, and possibly my radar detector if thats possible. since i can hear it with music and windows down. anyone have any ideas? links?
thanks in advanced
cam

·
on line
1,361 Posts
i remember when I was a kid I rigged up an old stereo speaker to an old cb, I don't know if much has changed since then but I am sure it could be done. Maybe mount it in your cubby hole in front of the shifter.

·
on line
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats not a bad ideaa. i have a few sittibng artound too. would old car speaker work?

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Radio Shcak has a really small external speaker for use with a CB. I plan on getting that and mounting it on the pillar above the drivers side seat belt and pointing it at me.

·
on line
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not aa bad idea also. would it be possible to split the wire and run a second 1/8 connector to my radar detector?
and could you send a link of that speaker? i couldnt find a small one on the website.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
125inA30zone said:
not aa bad idea also. would it be possible to split the wire and run a second 1/8 connector to my radar detector?
and could you send a link of that speaker? i couldnt find a small one on the website.
I'll see if I can find the small one online. I was looking at it in the store when I bought my CB for the Jeep. It was like $25.

I am sure you could just buy a splitter. It might get kind of strange when both sounds come over one speaker.

Edit:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...32075&kwCatId=2032052&kw=cb&parentPage=search

·
on line
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that looks goood. and chances are slim that theyre be a radar signal while chatter over the CB, but oh well. im gona see if they sell those locally.

and macampa, my friends got a dodge truck with a bunch of loud speakers in the bed with a mic in the cab. they also sell a kit for about 45 at autozone that has a loud speaker with a mic and it makes emergency vehical sounds and farm animal sounds, and a bunch more. its fun as hell :cheers: and suprisingly loud...

·
on line
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ha, just ask for a PA system. if they doint have it illlook for you

·
on line
79 Posts
mcampana said:
Id liek the external speaker that was loud enough for people to hear me yell at them when i get road rage.
HAHAHA that made me laugh. i really wish i could have a speaker like that too. i get so pissed off at people once in awhile. maybe a bullhorn would work!

:bounce:

·
on line
264 Posts
i used a speaker from a marine VHF radio

·
on line
1,208 Posts
pavementSucks said:
mcampana said:
Id liek the external speaker that was loud enough for people to hear me yell at them when i get road rage.
HAHAHA that made me laugh. i really wish i could have a speaker like that too. i get so pissed off at people once in awhile. maybe a bullhorn would work!

:bounce:
Yes, I believe a bullhorn would work wonders for me sometimes. it might not fix the problem, but i sure would feel alot better :compress:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts