Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am upgrading my pads/rotors and doing a fluid exchange so I thought I might as well upgrade to SS lines while I am at it.

My question is... should I go with the Stillen lines, or the extended length Calmini lines? I have a 2.5" front lift, 2" rear lift. My future plans include more lift, but that may be years down the road.

Should I stick with the stock length, or get the 3.5" extended ones from Calmini? I know ext. length will be fine in the rear, but I am worried that the extra slack will get in the way up front and rub on bind/rub/etc.

·
on line
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm.. Ideally, I'd like to get extended lines for the back, and stock length lines for the front. AC only sells the rears, while Calmini sells fronts, but only in the ext. length. Stillen sells all 4, but at stock length.
hmmm....

·
on line
2,077 Posts
if your future plans do not include replacing the rear shocks with longer one, then the stillen line will be ok....the shock are the limiting factor for travel in the rear....if you plan to upgrade the rear shocks then get longer one

·
on line
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea... I plan on getting longer shocks in the near future, and more lift down the road further, so I definately want longer lines in the rear. The problem is that I want SS lines in the front to, and it sounds like all I need is the stock length lines. Therefore I can't get the Stillen kit because the rear lines will be too short, I can't get the Calmini kit because the front lines will be too long, and AC only sells the rears lines.
Maybe I will have to get the Stillen kit AND the AC rear lines, and try to sell the stock length rear lines from the Stillen kit.

·
on line
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is actually what I am thinking about doing. I created a thread over on clubfrontier to see if anyone would want to buy the rear lines out of the Stillen kit.
I'd post it over here too, but I think the fittings on the lines might be different between the X and the Frontier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts