Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which will be safer for the truck, adding a 1" lift spacer and setting radz at 1.5" lift or 1.5" spacer and set radz at 1"?? I have spc uca. Also how hard is it to press out and put new ext length top bolts? Can it be done safely with regular tools instead of finding a press? If any1 can give me tips on DIY style would be nice. Will be doing it this week. I really dont want to put a 1.5" spacer because the nisstec radz look like they already have a spacer on
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im talking about the spacer type top mount compared to prgs radflos. Adding spacers on that will look like a bigger spacer
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Premium Member
9,953 Posts
ahhhh, i mis-read your original post.

I have radflo's set at 1.5" (600lb spring rate) and they ride great. I wouldn't run them any shorter though because they would be too soft (the more you crank them up, the firmer the ride gets and vice versa).

If i wanted 2.5", i would absolutely use the 1" spacer and 1.5" radflo setting. (I actually think i'm going to get SPC's and do exactly that this summer)

The bolts are not pressed in. nisstec uses a rubber o ring to hold them in place. It should be very easy to remove and replace them

hope this helps (finally lol)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is the ride that much noticable at 1.5 compared to 2".? Nisstec also told me we need to press them out? Do you have to disconnect spindle? Im ordering it tomorrow so ill ask exactly how to replace the bolts.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Premium Member
9,953 Posts
yes, the ride is different between 1.5 and 2". Both feel good, it just depends on how firm you like the ride. I would start at 1.5 and see how you like it.

Like I said before, mine came with an o-ring to hold the bolts in place. I'm not sure how difficult it would be to get them out but I can't imagine it being difficult. If you don't have a press, you could probably put the nut on them (flush with the bolt) and hit them with a hammer to get them out (nut is to protect the threads). I suppose they could have changed how they are shipping them since I got mine (about a year ago). If you are ordering the Radflo's new, you could probably ask them to go ahead and swap out the hardware before they ship.

I don't know if you will need to take out the top ball joint or not... i don't have spc's so i don't know how far they droop. I'd imagine it would be easier if you did though.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
ahhhh, i mis-read your original post.

I have radflo's set at 1.5" (600lb spring rate) and they ride great. I wouldn't run them any shorter though because they would be too soft (the more you crank them up, the firmer the ride gets and vice versa).

If i wanted 2.5", i would absolutely use the 1" spacer and 1.5" radflo setting. (I actually think i'm going to get SPC's and do exactly that this summer)

The bolts are not pressed in. nisstec uses a rubber o ring to hold them in place. It should be very easy to remove and replace them

hope this helps (finally lol)
I think they Changed the top mount plate. Because I had the orings too but the newer ones have pressed in bolts no onion ring s

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Undoing some preloadhelped alot. Went over speed bumps super fast and no thud. Thank goodness but went through some trouble.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 11 of 11 Posts