Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just don't ride this thing anymore. Time to find her a new home.

1985 Suzuki GS700E
10,000 miles
ALL STOCK!
4 cylinder overhead cam motor revs to 12,000 RPM effortlessly
Front & rear disc brakes (dual disc front)
30-40 MPG
110+ MPH (I saw 125 once)

New last year:
stator ($500)
spark plugs
rear tire ($100)
battery $(60)
rear wheel bearings ($25)

Gas tank has been removed, chemical cleaned and coated inside ($150)
Oil, oil filter, and fuel filter changed every year
Fuel stabilizer used every year, carbs cleaned every spring

This bike runs and drives great. I've had it for 4 years and 6000 miles and I've taken good care of it. Gas gauge hasn't worked since the tank got coated. I think I bent the float rod putting the petcock back in. Could be fixed easily enough, but I never bothered. I just use the odometer for when to fill up. There is a dent on the back of the gas tank where I dropped it last year. Its not too bad, but if it really bothered you, a little bondo and paint would hide it. The dealer put the stator in last year and also thorougly checked the bike over including a compression test. 125 psi in each cylinder, which is good. I just pulled it out of the barn and gave it a 15 minute wash job. A couple hours of details and a little bit of black sparay paint and this baby will look like new again. I don't have time for that right now.

PICS

Asking $1000. Located in Jackson, MI. I'll be happy to help deliver.

·
on line
149 Posts
Dang I didn't realize it was located so close to me.....tempting tempting...always wanted to have a bike. Is this a good starter bike? Looks like it. Can you offer me a payment plan like the dealership for like $39/month? :geek:

·
on line
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It would be a good starter bike. Its fast enough to get you in trouble, but not crazy fast like crotch rockets are. Its pretty forgiving and handles very well on the road.

My wife doesn't want me to sell it. She loves riding on the back. And it actually has a bad seat, unlike most of the newer bikes.

Sorry, no payment plans. I've got plans for this money already.

·
on line
279 Posts
Just sold my 2003 Suzuki DRZ 400 Dual Sport. Had to get rid of my toys as my wife and I just had a kid. Your bike looks good. I was thinking of getting a retro before we had the baby. A long time ago, I decided to stop riding crotch rockets. Too much to worry about. Had my 1991 Suzuki GSX-R 750 stolen out of my back yard. Been riding dual sports ever since. Handle great around town and you can take them off road.

G

·
0 Posts
im interested in your bike. but would it be worth shipping? i mean 14 hrs is a long bike ride, but wont shipping be half again what the bike will cost me?

and gas money to tow it would be more than shipping, probably.

arhghhhhh

been looking for a bike just like that since i had a kawasaki ex500 some years ago. very similar bike.

·
on line
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmmm.......... Probably not worth shipping and I never get down that way. I don't really have any hookups on shipping either. Its a heavy bike, it wouldn't be cheap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.