Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
on line
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work at a car audio store and I got a deal on some clearance remote starts for DEI (www.directed.com) I have at least 6 remote starts with the bypasse available for around $250. I would even be willing to install them for $50. Or if you plan to do it yourself I can give you a complete write up with the wiring diagram and maybe if you ask nicely I could provide some pics to help with the install. I am MECP (mobile electronics certified professional) so it will be a step by step sweet install guide. The model is Python 581xp can be found on directed's website: http://www.directed.com/security/python/pyth_responder.asp#581XP
any questions shoot me an email.

-Cowboy

·
on line
1,407 Posts
I could be interested. The new remote start would get rid of the stock remote correct? It would leave the factory "alarm" intact too correct?

·
on line
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stock alarm and remote

B Slater said:
I could be interested. The new remote start would get rid of the stock remote correct? It would leave the factory "alarm" intact too correct?
The remote start would eliminate the need for the stock remote although it can still be used. The stock alarm will still be intact as well...fully integrated.

-Cowboy

·
on line
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
really easy

npgtech said:
how long do you plan on having them up for sale? i'm definetly interested, quick ? how does the factory alarm integrate???
you hook up one wire with your unlock...super easy. first come first serve

·
on line
1,891 Posts
You've got the how to already for the X? Also how much with shipping to North Carolina? ZIP 28303, with the temps dropping out here me and my wife are most definetly interested in getting this.

·
on line
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how to

npgtech said:
You've got the how to already for the X? Also how much with shipping to North Carolina? ZIP 28303, with the temps dropping out here me and my wife are most definetly interested in getting this.
I could give you a how to for about every car I work at a custom car audio store and I put remote starts in all day long. I would guess shipping would be around 15 bucks.

-Cowboy

·
on line
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
T-Harness

USMC XTERRA said:
Dag I just answered a question that belonged to you about a stereo test!
I'm waiting on something that starts with a phone call and a T harness for our X's Autopage used to sell the starters. MC
USMC,

I have been installing remote starts forever and I have never seen a t-harness and I would be interested to see a site or just one in general. Not that I don't believe you. As far as starting your X with a phone call...Audiovox had or has a system out but their remote starts were kinda crappy. I have never seen an autopage. Also does that do locks and factory alarm disarm?

-Cowboy

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Yea Audiovox is the one I was talking about that started with a call. I had one from Target! LOL It worked!

No T harness for our X yet but they make em for other stuff. I have some links to a site that does make em for the X but you have to buy their system. When I find the link I'll PM it to ya. They basically pre wire and warranty the whole system you just plug and play. No programming even.

Not to sure about the locks and factory disarm. I didn't look too close since it was not what I wanted. But most have you run a wire to all 4 locks, do you know why that is? MC

·
on line
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wierd

USMC XTERRA said:
Yea Audiovox is the one I was talking about that started with a call. I had one from Target! LOL It worked!

No T harness for our X yet but they make em for other stuff. I have some links to a site that does make em for the X but you have to buy their system. When I find the link I'll PM it to ya. They basically pre wire and warranty the whole system you just plug and play. No programming even.

Not to sure about the locks and factory disarm. I didn't look too close since it was not what I wanted. But most have you run a wire to all 4 locks, do you know why that is? MC
Target...I'm ashamed and car audio products should definatly not be sold at a place where you can buy vagina cream...its just wrong...lol! You probably have to run a wire to each door for each lock motor instead of using one wire in the driver kick panel that controls the BCM and will trigger all the locks. From my experience that would make the most sense.

-Cowboy

·
on line
3,484 Posts
This is what I am talking about. I sent the cheap links to your PM.

NOTE *1 the BCM (Body Control Module) is located to the RIGHT of the STEERING COLUMN.

NOTE *2 THE DRIVERS DOOR IS GRAY (-) PIN 47 AT BCM,THE FRONT PASSENGER DOOR TRIGGER IS LIGHT GREEN (-) PIN 12 AT BCM. THE DRIVERS REAR DOOR IS A PINK (-) PIN 48 AT BCM AND THE PASSENGER REAR DOOR IS A BLUE (-) PIN 13. WHEN CONNECTING TO AN ALARM SYSTEM, USE ALL 4 DOOR TRIGGER WIRES AND DIODE ISOLATE, TO CONNECT, See DIAGRAM
NOTE *3 When TESTING meter this wire while turning the Key in the DRIVERS DOOR CYLINDER.

·
on line
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
um...yea...right...um ok

USMC XTERRA said:
This is what I am talking about. I sent the cheap links to your PM.

NOTE *1 the BCM (Body Control Module) is located to the RIGHT of the STEERING COLUMN.

NOTE *2 THE DRIVERS DOOR IS GRAY (-) PIN 47 AT BCM,THE FRONT PASSENGER DOOR TRIGGER IS LIGHT GREEN (-) PIN 12 AT BCM. THE DRIVERS REAR DOOR IS A PINK (-) PIN 48 AT BCM AND THE PASSENGER REAR DOOR IS A BLUE (-) PIN 13. WHEN CONNECTING TO AN ALARM SYSTEM, USE ALL 4 DOOR TRIGGER WIRES AND DIODE ISOLATE, TO CONNECT, See DIAGRAM
NOTE *3 When TESTING meter this wire while turning the Key in the DRIVERS DOOR CYLINDER.
USMC,

Note #1: Not needed
Note #2: Thats for the alarm meng...so when one of your doors open the alarm goes off...they should have added the rear gate trigger. You have to diode isolate so you get 4 or 5 individual wires and so that the current can only travel one way. The other thing is every wire you need is in the driver kick panel besides your horn and tachometer wire.
Note #3: That is for the factory Arm Disarm wire...when you test this wire it will rest at 12v and when you turn the door cylinder to unlock it will go to ground.

DIRECTWIREâ„¢ WIRING INFORMATION - NISSAN / XTERRA / 2005 / Remote Start

[PRINT THIS PAGE]

12volts green (40A) + ignition harness
Starter gray + ignition harness
Second Starter lt. green + ignition harness
Ignition white/green + ignition harness
Second Ignition N/A
Third Ignition N/A
Accessory red + ignition harness
Second Accessory green/yellow + ignition harness
Keysense black + ignition harness or BCM, pin 37
Notes: The BCM (Body Control Module) is to the right of the steering column.
Power Lock lt. green to purple - driver kick or BCM, pin 45
Power Unlock white to lt. green - driver kick or BCM, pin 46
Lock Motor purple 5wi driver kick or BCM, pin 65
Unlock Motor gray 5wi driver kick or BCM, pin 59
Parking Lights+ gray + driver kick, harness to rear
Parking Lights- N/A
Hazards green - hazard switch or BCM, pin 29
Turn Signal(L) lt. green + driver kick or BCM, pin 60
Turn Signal(R) green + passenger kick or BCM, pin 61
Reverse Light lt. blue + driver kick, harness to rear
Door Trigger see notes - BCM
Notes: The LF door is gray in pin 47. The RF door is lt. green in pin 12. The LR door is pink in pin 48. The RR door is blue in pin 13. Use all four wires and diode isolate each.

The BCM (Body Control Module) is to the right of the steering column.
Dome Supervision brown - driver A pillar or BCM, pin 63
Trunk/Hatch Pin yellow - driver kick or BCM, pin 43
Hood Pin N/A
Trunk/Hatch Release N/A
Power Sliding Door N/A
Factory Alarm Arm lt. blue - driver kick or BCM, pin 8
Notes: Meter this wire while turning the key in the driver door key cylinder. This wire will also lock the doors.

Factory Alarm Disarm red/white to gray - driver kick or BCM, pin 7
Notes: Meter this wire while turning the key in the driver door key cylinder. This wire will also unlock the doors with a double pulse.

Disarm No Unlock
Tachometer NOT white/green ac any fuel injector
Wait to start N/A
Brake Wire yellow + brake pedal switch or driver kick
Parking Brake green - parking brake sw. or cluster, pin 31
Horn Trigger brown - horn switch
Memory Seat 1 N/A
Memory Seat 2 N/A
Memory Seat 3 N/A
Interface Module: Category:
Immobilizer Bypass Required:
Yes Type:
Transponder
Part #: 556UW
Alternate Part1 #: DesignTech 20402
Alternate Part2 #: DesignTech 29402
Notes: Standard on the Off Road and SE models. Optional on the S models.
Smart Starter Kill Relays: Relay Type:
N-P Clutch Interlock Rela Location:
Engine compartment fusebox, Passenger side
Part #: 6408A
Notes: Aux. power can be connected to any fuse that has power when the ignition is in the off position

This wiring information is being provided free of charge on an "as is" basis, without any representation or warranty. It is your responsibility to verify any circuit before interfacing with it using a digital multimeter.
Directed Electronics assumes no responsibility with regards to the accuracy or currency of this information. Proper installation in every case is and remains the responsibility of the installer. DEI assumes no liability or responsibility resulting from improper installation, even in reliance upon this information.

Thats the sheet is use for Remote Starts and Security Systems.

-Cowboy

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Maybe what I had was a 04 diagram listed under 05 that would explain it.
Some people are listing 03 04 05 and no 06. I suspected that they added the 05 by mistake. I bet that's it. Thanks for the info though, good for future when something goes wrong. MC

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.