1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
on line
4,495 Posts
They have those out for the Gen 1s also, I thought about getting one for my current truck at one point. A few guys on the boards had them and they all said the same thing...JUNK. They're no better than those .10 resitors sold on eBay, its just packaged fancier with shiney lights.

ETA: No its not like sending in your ECU to get it reprogrammed.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
MC, the two things you posted are different!
The first one (v-force) I had in my accord and yes, can't say that it was worth a crap; nothing noticeable.
The second IS a re-program and may be worthwhile if you can stand to be without your X for a few days since you have to send in your chip.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I figured the 1st was junk, a nox that does the e bay trick, yea...
The second, seems pretty pricey, and some dealer can zap it all at any time I am sure. :( so both not worth it. Plus, both MODS void amsoil extended drain interval on the oil. The 2nd one would work, but too costly to do, kinda risky also. MC

·
on line
355 Posts
ya the first one is a joke. Thats like the Venom 400 box I bought once thinking it was worth something. But a true reprogram from scratch on #2, it worth a tiny bit, but barely worth the money per gains. I personally feel the only time a chip is worth it is on turbo cars, which were my two before this.

·
on line
463 Posts
I installed one of those " Great " enhancers in my last ride ( 92 Explorer)

I, NEVER, noticed any improvement and had to use premium per the instructions.
Finally removed it and went back to regular unleaded,,,,,,,,ran fine.
I think the chip or module as they put it is still in my garage somewhere.

Having said all of that, I would Love to see you try this with your money !
I think when push comes to shove,,,,,,,,we have V-6 engines and they aren't that gutless.

Jim B

1 - 6 of 6 Posts