Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
on line
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG, I thought $250-350.00 would have been about what you`d expect to pay for brake service.

Front pads: BCD1094 $99.90
Rear Pads: BCD1100 $119.95
Rotors: N1000170629OES $ 102.38 ea. $204.76
Labor 80.00 to RR brakes.

I know the rotors are Nissan, does anyone know who`s pads these are?

you gotta be kidding me. I was advised not to take it to a dealer so I don`t get hosed, but I think this is a great example of getting reamed.

The 2005 X only had 40,000 miles and the pads were not etching into the front rotors. They told me only the dealer had these rotors. I have seen them online at autozone before. WHY are the rear pads MORE money than the fronts, and they didn`t even cut the rear rotors...

so did I get a reaming???
They tech told me that I said I wanted it done correctly, well yes this is true, I don`t see why they couldn`t cut the front rotors. HE showed me the rotors and I have done bazillion brake jobs before. He also said that he didn`t want me back to complain in 20,000 miles or so becaused I had a warped rotors, so to play it safe they just installled new out of the box factory rotors... What do you guys think... He could have givin me the old rotors so I could have them cut for next time I need to do the brakes...crap...PR...

·
on line
15,651 Posts
From Advance Auto
Front Bendix Ceramic pads - $83
Rear Bendix Ceramic pads - $70
(these are the most expensive they have, you can get normal pads for $40)

From YourNissanParts.com
OEM Nissan Front Rotors - $80 /ea

So yeah, I think you got the shaft without the lube.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I will say this, they were fair on the labor as most places charge $80-100 / hour and to do all four corners would take about an hour from the time the vehicle is pulled into the bay until the the time that it is pulled out.

·
on line
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know they put it on the lift sometime before the end of the day yesterday, bc when I drove by (it`s right up the street) later that night it was in the shop and up on the lift. They called around 12:30 today to say it was done. I know they must have been waiting for the parts to be delivered. If it were me I would have cut the rotors. I have the caliper to measure the thickness and check the specs to see how close they would have come before discarding them. In essence I got hosed about 120.00 if I were to do it myself, driving around to get parts, finding a place around here to cut the rotors, then working like a jackass in my driveway in the cold. atleast I know I`m ready in that respect for the winter months and snow...

I could have sworn the dude told me Wagner Thermo quiets...
aren`t the stock pads ceramic?...PR...

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Unless your time is really that valuable, you can change the pads on one 4 corners, change the front rotors and bleed the brakes in less than 2 hours with nothing but hand tools. I did them in 1.5 hours in the rain.

For what you paid, you could have bought all new factory rotors and forgot about finding a place to get them cut. Though, the rear rotors are a pain as you then have to deal with the e-brake.

·
on line
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Supposedly they pulled the rear rotors to look at the e-brakes, it has been left on more than once, ugh...
I know. This place was way off there original quote tho. at least there is new fluid in the system. I can see the mess. well this is what I get for living in a townhouse community. I miss my shop out behind our old house...PR...

·
on line
113 Posts
Just be careful when you compress the puck inside the caliper when you are ready to install the new pades. It forces brake fluid fast back into your brake resevoir, and ive seen it make a mess overflowing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts