Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I can't seem to get a good answer for this but...

I am looking to get the DT Secondary cat' delete pipes, but I want to make sure I can still pass emissions when the time comes. As far as I know in CT they just plug you into OBDII and if you don't have codes you are good to go. Anyone with experience on this?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Hey guys, I can't seem to get a good answer for this but...

I am looking to get the DT Secondary cat' delete pipes, but I want to make sure I can still pass emissions when the time comes. As far as I know in CT they just plug you into OBDII and if you don't have codes you are good to go. Anyone with experience on this?
This is all I've ever had done,they just plug in and its good or not based on codes.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
ODB II here + visual inspection.

·
Registered
94 Posts
As long as you don't pull the first set of cats, you will not throw any codes. The sensor is after the first set but before the second set so it wont even notice the difference.

·
Registered
175 Posts

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
So does that mean I don't have to go through emissions? A little vague on the site. I'm going to have to dig a little.
it sounds like CT is the same as ny. As long as you have no codes, you won't have a problem. They plug into your OBD2 port to make sure there arent any codes and then you're good. Usually they inspect the lights/blinkers, horn, etc...but I highly doubt they will lay down under the car to make sure you have cats or not. There is no emissions testing where they hook your exhaust up to a machine and check the levels.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm. So looks like the cat delete pipes will be ok. Earlier the better too, when they rust they'll match the rest of the exhaust and won't look 'suspicious'. I do plan on keeping my cats just in case though. Can they "go bad" from sitting too long without use?

·
Registered
698 Posts
I just had mine done a little while ago. CT has cracked down on the emissions stations.

They roll your rig up on a ramp and actually lift it up to take a peek to make sure the emissions equipment is there. They did this on my truck and this was at a mod friendly place. Once the visual is done, then they plug it in.

Mine passed with shorty headers and duals, but all the cats were still there. I think, and it's a do it at your own rish, that as long as you have something under there cat wise you'll pass... Or atleast you'd have grounds to argue with them.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In Karmans post about the emissions it says that all is applicable except 2011 and newer. I don't quite understand that. Does that mean I don't have to go through emissions AT ALL? It seems that's what they are saying on that little site there. Or did I miss something?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Vehicles 4 years old or newer are exempt from emissions in CT as are vehicles 25 years old or older.

I have a 2009 and this past April was the first time I rolled it through emissions.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 12 of 12 Posts