Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone has a DIY on how to remove the evaporator inside the cabin on the pasenger side? or in what page of the manual is located? thanks.

·
on line
1,416 Posts
The evaporator is heat exchanger in the AC system that absorbs heat from air by liquid freon changing to gaseous freon, or evaporating. The chilled air is blown into the cabin.

In the 06 EFSM in the Manual Air Conditioner section, Page MTC-85 and MTC-105. It gets you to the right section, doesn't look like much fun.

Cheers,
Jeff

·
on line
2,265 Posts
Same instructions as changing a heater core.
Basically pulling the whole dash out.

·
on line
355 Posts
i am doing the A/C system cleaning on the xterra sort of like i did in the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1j_nQi8WPA

I investigated the xterra and removed the blower motor. i can see a radiator and fins, but i can't tell if its the evaporator or the heater core. it would be useless to spray the heater core. i need to determine if the unit closest to the blower motor is the evaporator or now.

check the video to see the basic technique.

looks like the unit close to the blower motor is indeed the evaporator. sweet.

and this makes it 100% positive. thats the evaporator.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
If I had to pull the dash to do the evaporator, and I was going to keep my truck for a long time, I'd probably do the heater core and vent actuators while in there. Just so I know I don't have to pull the dash for a long time

·
on line
355 Posts
ill have a video on cleaning your A/C system properly in a few days. dash doesnt need to come out. just like the above video. i found the evap. fins.

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
I was just informed mine needs to be replaced. The dealer has been trying to find leak in AC since 2012. They showed me what needed to be taken apart and told me I have to remove and or move all the wiring in my dash that I have added out of the way before they replace it under warranty. They said it will take 2 days to put it in after I do that This will not be fun.

·
on line
355 Posts
much easier to remove the blower motors 3 bolts and have full access to the entire evap radiator.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts