Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a few pics from yesterday's run at Evans Creek, near Mt. Rainier. I was pretty skeptical of this area after reading how tight the trails were.. and after driving a good portion of them, they weren't lying! Off camber turns between trees with slick mud and snow made for a tense, yet exciting afternoon. Overall the terrain was awesome, lots of snow, mud, deep puddles, hills, ruts, and technical turns. It was my first snow outing and the AT's held up great.. my buddy in the Jeep with MT's on the other hand was sliding around the entire day (see last pic for proof :)

dear Santa, please bring me skids for xmas for I am naked underneath! - Eric's Xterra

moments prior after not seeing him in the rearview.."wouldn't that be funny if he got stuck on the way out". guess we spoke too soon :)

·
on line
142 Posts
This makes me miss Washington. I was stationed at McChord AFB 2002-2004. I had my Yamaha Banshee on many of the trails around Mt. Rainier. With snow, it was very slick.

·
on line
71 Posts
Your buddies Jeep has Thornbirds (aka Thorn-turds)...which are less than an AT in the traction department.

Oh, but they look cool :drunken:

On another note, I'll agree that I hear that area is no-go for out types of vehicles in the winter, unless you want damage. Good job on making it out unscathed.

·
on line
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys! I took my dad out with us, it was his first time ever 4x4ing and he had a blast.. I think I may have convinced him to throw some ATs on his Cherokee..haha.

SeXterraPA said:
xEdgex - Do you have some good photos of that custom rear bumper you have on your X?
been meaning to take some for a while now, thanks for the kick in the butt ;) I went out and snapped a couple and posted them here: http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=86074#86074

let me know if you want any other detail shots

eric

1 - 6 of 6 Posts