Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about heading down to Evans Creek tomorrow afternoon. I'll probably just run 311. It'd be chill if I got someone else to come along, but I'm not too worried about it if I have to go solo. I've ran the trail before with no problems and I've made some huge improvements since then. It's also the most popular trail and it'll be a nice Saturday, so I won't be alone.

I'll probably roll in around 1 or 2 if anyone is interested in meeting me.

~Nick
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trip was successful. I talked to one guy loading up a side-by-side in the parking lot. He said the upper half of the trail was pretty torn up and had seen a few trucks "like mine" turn back.

I did fantastic. Hardly ever had to feather the clutch. I tried a major obstacle, I think its called The Wall, and walked right up. My first attempt a year ago took several tries and a lot more skinny pedal. An extra ~2" of lift and travel and a front locker go a long ways!

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
25 Posts
heading over to the goldendale area, taking 410 over
Nice.. I grew up in Goldendale.. Had 40 acres on Satus Pass. Loved every min of it, though I didn't know it at the time.

I'm actually going to be heading over that way this weekend and will be passing back through Goldendale on Tues 10-29...

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anybody for this weekend? We'll be getting snow up above the pass level, but Evans or Walker would be fine.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The trip went really well. Pouring rain the whole time, nice little creeks running down the trails. We ran Timber Tamer, Valley Connector, Lower Mainline and part of Ridge Ram. Turned around at a really muddy rutted section that looked like it would have put my drivers side into the wall. Ran almost all of it back the other direction too, including some sloppy ledges. Frame rails and sliders got a pretty good workout. I got hung up a bit, one root ledge took a couple tries but ultimately made it through everything I tried. I tapped the passenger side bumper step on a stump in a tight sloppy section near the bottom, it's a little loose now. No biggie.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
EZ Valley Connector was fine. It shed water pretty well. The upper half of Timber Tamer was the worst. I really couldn't imagine a stock suspension X getting through there without a lot of help. There was also a banked sloppy turn with a dirt wall on the inside, going up I was able to crab walk a bit and stay off the wall, although I came out extremely of camber. Going down though I was forced inside, up against the wall, I swear, the only reason I didn't drag the entire drivers side was the 1.5" wheel spacers.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 19 of 19 Posts