Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this happen to anybody else?When I lift my foot off the gas the engine revs slightly.If I just ease up on the pedal it`s fine.Only happens on lift off.Doesn`t matter how fast I`m going.I`m wondering if it has anything to do with my custom exhaust,especially the equal length tubes of the Y pipe.
[/img]

·
on line
1,208 Posts
It does it in mine, I noticed it before i mesed with my exhaust, so when it was still doing it after putting on the Magnsflow I figured it was normal, im not sure what it is doing and why, but I am assuming that it is normal since I have had no problems to mention as of yet and it was doing it before any mods. Perhaps BGXterra can ask when he goes to visit the engineers. :drunken:
http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=5451

·
on line
612 Posts
Mine does it too, and unless the Lobo and diff breather mod have something to do with it wink... wink... then I think it's pretty standard.

·
on line
246 Posts
It's normal. It is just the electronic throttle doing its own thing. It will also "blip" the throttle if you are below 25mph and drop it from third to second (in an automatic). This is my first throttle-by-wire car, it is definitely a little different... rather have a good old cable, but oh well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts