Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to increase the power of my X? I have a 2010 with 158K miles and I just want a little more power since I lost some with putting 33's on. I've read many forums but they are all mixed opinions.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
there isnt a whole lot that you can do about it without spending a good bit. some people use an intake manifold spacer, headers/ exhaust can help, but thats going to be more sounds/ throttle response improvements and only gain a few HP. beyond that your looking at either forced induction or a vk swap.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
also people will look at changing the gearing to help off set larger/ heavier tires, but that aint cheap either.
I was just going to say re-gear. I have magnaflows without the Y pipe, Intake Manifold Spacer and a hypertech tuner. I can't say for sure how much it all did or how much better over stock it feels. I've heard your best bang are gears. A bit spendy, probably not much more than all these performance mods put together. I've spent about $700 (and I over paid for the rear) on a front diff and rear axle with 3.69 gears and a rear locker. IMO money better spent over the performance mods I have. .

Although I really like how the exhaust sounds haha

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Bullydog tuner.

The intake filter is used in the 300+ hp Nissan Titan. (If it flows well enough for this engine, it's more than enough for ours).

Exhaust flows rather well also.
Dyno test often show hp gains of less than 10 peak hp after a full cat back swap.

The tuner can remove restrictions on wide open throttle, increase hp and offer tuning choices.

Best bang for the buck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts