Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i went mudding over the weekend and the engine bay got covered (thats how you know your doing something right, lol). i was just wondering what the right way of cleaning the engine is. my 06 x has alot more electronics (i.e. electronic throttle body) than my prior 98 subaru impreza. any sugestions would be very helpful. thanks! :dontknow:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks. just wanted to make sure. didnt want to screw something up.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I have used gunk brand foamy engine cleaner with no issues... Come to think of it, it is probably time again.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Cleaning is cleaning. Everything is waterproof but to a point. If you pressure wash only shoot things below the heads pretty much. No pressure washing connectors etc. Just remember that you went mudding and its all covered in mud and still works. It takes effort to mess anything up under the hood.
Less is more when it comes to engine cleaner also. light spray will get the job done. second time around if needed. Chemicals and pressure washer are the only things that can possibly do any damage and even then it takes a lot of effort to damage stuff

·
on line
2,044 Posts
Its always a good idea to make sure engine is cold and not hot.....cold water on hot engine could cause something...
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
2,044 Posts
You might have.dried up mud inside the front brake rotor...I removed one tire and used a metal hanger to remove the mud inside the rotors
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought about it later that the mid was everywhere in the first place. And the only reason you need a snorkel is to supply air and not allow water to the intake. Otherwise you can basically submerge the engine. Maybe a stupid question but I'd thought I'd ask anyways. Plus isn't that why we use forums? Thanks EVERYONE for the hlp. Been very helpful.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts