Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at salvage yard engines for Xterras, and I noticed they list them as "2005 to 2007" or "2008 to 2012" at a lot of the yards.

QUESTION: What changed? If I wanted to pick up a 4.0 V6 from a 2010, will it swap into my 2007? If not,

WHAT IS DIFFERENT?

Thanks as always guys.

More info: I have 142,000 miles on my 2007. It is running perfectly, but I would like to start keeping an eye out for a low mileage salvage engine to store in my garage until I need it.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I bought my X at 228,000 kms (so 142,000 miles) If you keep doing oil changes (even if you beat the living **** out of it like I do, and tow, and race people and drive like a 21 year old ****up, you'll get to 250,000 miles before you even start to notice a decline in power, in my experience. it's at 220,000 (miles) and I havent done anything to it yet. Drive it nicely, it'll probably roll 300,000 (miles) before it goes.

Save the trouble, dont cross the bridge till you come to it, because as an Xterra driver, you can probably drive through the river anyways and not ever need to use the bridge.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
The ECU was changed in 2008.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ECU change. Gotcha. I'll dig into that, THANKS.

If anyone already knows the details on that, please post here. I'm assuming there will be some connectors that will be different between the 05-07 and 08-12 wiring harness. So the obvious question would be, can I just change out the newer sensor designs to the older ones?

Any other info would be great, as I know others will face this down the road. Might be good to gather all that info into one place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts