Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you take the Emblems off
like the one on the Trunk
the Nissan Symbol and the Xterra Emblem..

i am thinkin about taking it off but i didnt know if it was bolted on or a hole behind it.

I didnt know if it was easy to take off like too just pop it off.or something...

·
on line
67 Posts
The Nissan Emblem has 3M tape as well as alignment posts that go into 2 holes in the tailgate. The XTerra emblem is held on w/ just 3M tape and can be removed rather easily with some fishing line or dental floss. For the most part, the emblems come off easier on a warm day or w/ a hair dryer.

Good luck.
Devandra

·
on line
67 Posts
Jerry,

The holes are horizontal in orientation and are about 1.5" to 2" apart. I never measured it exactly when I removed mine and re-painted them.

Hope this helps,
Devandra

·
on line
191 Posts
I would like a Land Rover badge. Just to look truly pathetic.

·
on line
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2 The X said:
The Nissan Emblem has 3M tape as well as alignment posts that go into 2 holes in the tailgate. The XTerra emblem is held on w/ just 3M tape and can be removed rather easily with some fishing line or dental floss. For the most part, the emblems come off easier on a warm day or w/ a hair dryer.

Good luck.
Devandra
so your sayin if i take it off i will have a hole..

·
on line
259 Posts
Jang Pilmo said:
2 The X said:

Good luck.
Devandra
so your sayin if i take it off i will have a hole..
yep, two of 'em if you take off the "nissan" emblem, but you can take the "xterra" emblem off, it is on with only 3m tape.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts