Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Intro Comments: Purchased 7/6/13, This is my first off-road vehicle and I am loving it! Lots of plans, taking it slow, as time and money allow! Currently saving for my suspension, plan on picking all that up in March.

Username: electronrider

Make: Nissan
Year: 2012
Model: Xterra
Trim: S
Color: Avalanche White

Legend:
[+] = Done
[ ] = Want

MODS

ENGINE:

Current:
[+] Under hood LED light
[+] Hood rod mod
[+] Aux distribution block

Future:
[+] 34R AGM battery
[ ] Snorkel

ARMOR:

Current:
[+] Bucksnort rear bumper without tire carrier

Future:
[ ] Full skids
[x] Sliders
[ ] Rear tire carrier
[ ] Winch

EXTERIOR:

Current:
[+] P&P Front tube bumper
[+] Drop in roof rack
[+] Roof rack lights
[+] Removed mudflaps
[+] Removed step bars
[+] Blacked out rear corners
[+] 4' Firestik Antenna on tail light mount
[+] repainted Nissan burgers
[+] Stickers!
[+] Locking wetbox

Future:
[+] Whee blackout
[ ] Hood Blackout
[ ] Heated mirrors

INTERIOR:

Current:
[+] Pioneer single DIN stereo
[+] Aftermarket speakers
[+] In-dash CB
[+] Bluetooth Console upgrade
[+] Switch console
[+] Weatherteck floormats, front
[+] Craftsman toolboxes for rear seat
[+] LOBO shelf
[+] Rear cargo rack
[+] Rexrug
[+] LED interior light replacements

Future:
[ ] Molly panels

SUSPENSION:

Current:
[+] MK84 coilovers with 600lb springs
[+] Cooper Discovery AT3 265/75/16 Tires

Future:

[+] SPC UCA's
[+] Moog LCA's
[+] Adjustable cam bolts
[+] Rear Leafs PRG Deaver add a leaf
[+ ] Rear Shocks Bilsteen 5100 +2-4”
[ ] U-bold flip kit
[ ] Rear Differential Breather mod

PHOTOS

First day of ownership!

Interior racks

Roof Rack

Switch install

Hood Lights

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Awesome mods! I like the roof rack. Interesting mounting method, bolting it straight through the roof bars. Are those rubber grommets on either end of the bolts to seal off the hole? Also, it looks like you have 3 horizontal cross bars underneath the wire mesh. Does that provide enough support for gear, or does that mesh flex? Sorry for all the questions. I'm in the planning process of building my own roof rack. Sweet mods!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I like the overhead switches. Looks clean. Have you wired the switches yet? I have plans for something similar.
All of the wiring for all of those lights are completed, even though 3 of the switches go to nothing as of yet. I was able to keep everything very organized and compact by building my own mini harnesses, and doing it all at once. Each switch has its own fuse on my Bluesea aux fuse panel, and all are properly setup with a relays, which are located below the radio. Wiring from the relay to the light location is also already in place, so all I have to do is mount lights and place a fuse. Even properly labeled and tagged all my wires to a corresponding diagram, so I know what wire is what once I see a number. It was a really fun project, and one that really pays off nicely if you plan ahead.

Awesome mods! I like the roof rack. Interesting mounting method, bolting it straight through the roof bars. Are those rubber grommets on either end of the bolts to seal off the hole? Also, it looks like you have 3 horizontal cross bars underneath the wire mesh. Does that provide enough support for gear, or does that mesh flex? Sorry for all the questions. I'm in the planning process of building my own roof rack. Sweet mods!
Yes, I bolted the rack straight through the bars, using thick rubber for the rack to rest on, and compress down on to. This made dealing with the slight arc of the roof rack a LOT easier. Between the 3 bars and the mesh, I have not had any problems with too much flex. If you do a search for dephep roof rack, there are about a dozen different variants on design of these things. I used 1 inch 18gua square tubing, and it worked well, just gotta watch welding up stuff that thin!

here is another pic of when it was being built

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Funny how plans change, Had a P&P tube bumper fall into my lap, and went with the MK84 coil overs instead of Radflos! Goint to be a little while until I get all the parts together to do all this work at once!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man I need to learn how to weld lol Looks good man!
I married into treasure!

Father in law's daily work truck is a 69 Peterbuilt semi, that he does all his own work on, and he was a GM mechanic way back in the day. His shop is rocking 3 welders, plasma cutter, and lots of other goodies to cost me money, so I show up with a plan and some materials and he lets me fumble my way through until he gets disgusted, then takes over showing me how to do it right. He is a great guy, and a great teacher!

Welding those two racks saved me about 300 bucks all said and done, my materials and consumables cost vs buying and shipping to me.:wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts