Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
on line
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here is my question. when i activate my auto start the park lights will stay on, how can i hook it up so the dome lights will stay on with the park lights without messing anything up? thanks for the help.......

·
on line
1,638 Posts
You need to check the output wires on the starter module. Many of them have about 2-3 ground output wires- that output at various stages of the crank cycle. But depending on the brand, these wires may output for the entire time the module is active or turn off after some time. You'd have to look into that. If you have a wire that is active the entire time, you can tap this into the ground light wire. I don't think it would matter, but I would diode isolate this wire just in case.

·
on line
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
diode, is what i am afraid of. never dealt with diode before, can someone shine some light on diodes and how they work, i kinda have an idea, but just to make sure...thanks....

·
on line
1,638 Posts
It's basically a one way valve for electricity. You would want to splice it inline with the wire you're connecting to the ground door wire. You want it to flow into the door circuit but not backwards into the module when the door is opened.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts