Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is more of a general tool question rather than trail gear but just wanted to solicit thoughts.
I'm looking into picking one of these up and I'm checking out the DeWalt and Milwaukee at lowe's... both are around $180-200. Think they're worth it, powerful enough, etc.
I don't have a compressor so going the air route is not happening.
Got a bunch of gift cards for Xmas burning a hole in my pocket!

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Both are great companies (I own stuff made by both).

Are these the cordless electric impact wrenches? I have not had the experience with the cordless but have used corded ones (cheap brand) and it worked really well.

·
on line
1,407 Posts
We use both the corded and cordless impacts here at work daily. For occasional use the cordless would work ok, but for heavy duty use go corded. We probably go through 2-3 cordless impacts a week, seriously. That number used to be much higher with Makita impacts. FWIW we still have our original Dewalt corded impact, and it works great.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies guys!
Definitely not goin cordless... hate having to deal with batteries and what-not.
The couple i've looked at (1/2" drive) are rated at about 350 ft-lbs of torque... just want to make sure that'll be plenty once i start ripping into stuff under the truck.

·
on line
830 Posts
I have a cordless makita its a good impact wrench. My coworked has one from snap on that will actually take the lug nuts off with out lossining them. I would check into a cordless one just because u can take it with you and do trail repairs if need be.

·
on line
81 Posts
I have a Ridgid cordless right Angle impact wrench. It's worked great so far, basicly like having a powered rachet. Supposed to have 700 lbs of torque, who knows if that is accurate or not.

·
on line
358 Posts
I hate to say it but the Rigid right angle impact has 700 in. lbs not ft lbs.

·
on line
358 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts