Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
on line
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leaving in 7 hours. Will be back Friday afternoon. 1 whole week! YES! No work, no school :cheers:

Hoping to see some other NewX drivers out there that left friday. And I fixed my friends 1st gen X so now we have all 3 vehicles going!

Time to sleep now. Need energy for tomorrow night. See ya'll in a week :glasses2:

·
on line
975 Posts
willgr1 said:
jealousy has officially set in.....i need to do a mod this week to relieve the pain.....
Tuesday I'm going into the local mountains to relieve some of my pain.

·
on line
106 Posts
I wouldn't call it penis envy but I am pretty damn jealous. Have a good trip man.

·
on line
1,695 Posts
I looked for ya out there, man, but never saw any lifted 2nd Gen's. I saw one 1st Gen that I think I've seen on the XOC board with 34x9.50 TSL's, but that was it. Sorry I missed ya... weather sucked Monday, and we headed back Tuesday morning through a ton of wind and some snowy roads closer to home. Post some pics when you get back!

·
on line
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IM BACK!! what a trip people. weather did suck RockMtn, i didnt see you out there either. we ran trails everyday. i did see that tan 1st gen from XOC. my friend with the black 1st gen was jealous cuz that one looked nicer. but we had fun. weather cleared up wednesday and was good til this morning when we left. man, i wanna go back!!
list of trails we did: steel bender, metal masher, fins n things, kane creek canyon, hurrah pass, long canyon, bull canyon, gemini bridges, chickens corner along with the some of the obstacles in those trails. mirror gulch, widow maker, rock chucker, waterfall. somewhere around 600 pics were taken over the 5 days we were there but i will only post a few and link the rest :)

·
on line
3,218 Posts
WIDOWMAKER

You'll spend your next few weeks wishing you were there, or convincing yourself you can get a job there doing something, anything.. :geek:
I was the first X up that :rr: .. Still haven't gotten up Rockchucker though.. Was the tan X from CO, on 35s?

·
on line
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was able to get up Widow Maker. But could not get up Rock Chucker. My hitch hit the ground and was unable to climb. If I had a Shrock rear bumper or something with more ground clearance, I probably would have been able to.

Here is that 1st gen we saw.

Front tire got off the ground. And check out the rear stuffed!

Broke the trailer harness mount. Only damge.

The feet of Gooney Bird Rock

There was also a car show on Thursday and Friday and into this weekend. Most of my pics are from the show. There were lots of cool cars, and some pretty cool rock crawlers. Lots of props from other drivers as they have never seen the new Xterra on the trails before. They asked if it was stock, and I replied "Yep, except for the lift and tires."
I also learned that by pulling the e-brake 3-4 clicks and using the brake and gas to climb some steep inclines, it locks the rear wheels. Hmm... interesting. But it doesn't work in sand, only on rock.

·
on line
3,218 Posts
If I had a Shrock rear bumper or something with more ground clearance, I probably would have been able to.
It's really your IFS that hinders you the most on that obstacle.. Made it up the Widowmaker huh? Kudos. :cheers:
More pics!!

·
on line
564 Posts
Awesome pics dude...I'm jealous!

I also learned that by pulling the e-brake 3-4 clicks and using the brake and gas to climb some steep inclines, it locks the rear wheels. Hmm... interesting. But it doesn't work in sand, only on rock.
The ABLS is supposed to do that for us...I think.

Rob

·
on line
551 Posts
Great pics!
Now you can move that harness onto the bumper and you won't have to worry about it again.

·
on line
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i dont think the ABLS plays a part in this. I learned the e-brake trick from my friend with the 1st gen that doesnt have ABS. maybe it does.... but oh well, it works sometimes
but the best part of the trip was on steel bender. we pulled off to the side to watch a modded YJ Wrangler climb an obstacle. none of us filmed it or took any pictures, which is what sucked. but this YJ had so much trouble climbing!! locked front and rear, lifted, 5 speed... even had gas leaking out the gas cap! but this guy tried and tried, bouncing all over the obstacle and had a hard time making it up. I pulled up to it, gave it some gas and climbed right up. my buddys 1st gen followed me right up. the look on this guys face was priceless! too bad we didnt take any pics of it. i told him about his gas cap leaking fuel, and he just gave me this look like "yea dont worry about it".

well, i just loaded 150+ more pics to my computer. so tomorrow or sometime next week i will upload to photobucket and link the site cuz posting takes to long

·
on line
1,695 Posts
Awesome pics, driver! The X looks great. After the trip, I am definitely wanting a small lift now... the X is just a tad low in stock form. I used the heck out of my sliders. We were lodged in a condo right by the Steelbender trailhead, but never made it down there.

·
on line
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well, looking at some pics on my friends computer... i can see your X in the background at the condos by the Shell station. its stock with sliders and fogs. im guessing its yours, but there were so many 2nd Gens out there! at bestwestern we counted 11, all with numbers and barcodes on them. all 2nd gen xterra S models in various colors and none with mud flaps or side steps or trailer hitches. the next day all of them were dirty. i wish we saw them on whichever trail they ran. but i honked at several granite colored 2nd gens with colorado plates, all i got was a stare like WTF. crazy X owners.
i too used my sliders for its purpose... to slide on rocks. came in handy on steel bender and metal masher. my hitch took a beating too on the bottom. oh well, hit it with a fresh coat of black primer and all is good!

·
on line
1,695 Posts
driver X said:
well, looking at some pics on my friends computer... i can see your X in the background at the condos by the Shell station. its stock with sliders and fogs. im guessing its yours, but there were so many 2nd Gens out there!
LOL, yup, that was probably mine. White Discovery there, too? I was surprised to see so many 2nd gens there, but I'm guessing a lot of bikers like them, too... they fit the "active lifestyle" that they are marketed to well. Most of them that I saw had a bike rack on them.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts