Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, Well my trucks been in the shop now for 3 weeks waiting for the new rear they just got it last thursday. I called and they said it was in and fixed but after the mechanic test drove it he tried to adjust the idle and he found the the ECM was bad. Anyone heard or had any ECM troubles? I believe I have a LEMON.

·
on line
168 Posts
Adjust the idle? My bovine excretement meter just went off the scale. I don't know of any adjustment. There are procedures to check if the idle speed is off.

Here is info out of the service manual

The ECM controls the engine idle speed to a specified level through the fine adjustment of the air, which is let
into the intake manifold, by operating the electric throttle control actuator. The operating of the throttle valve is
varied to allow for optimum control of the engine idling speed. The crankshaft position sensor (POS) detects
the actual engine speed and sends a signal to the ECM.
The ECM controls the electric throttle control actuator so that the engine speed coincides with the target value
memorized in the ECM. The target engine speed is the lowest speed at which the engine can operate steadily.
The optimum value stored in the ECM is determined by taking into consideration various engine conditions,
such as during warming up, deceleration, and engine load (air conditioner, power steering and cooling fan
operation, etc.).
On Board Diagnosis Logic UBS00MW1

·
on line
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In case anybody is following this dilema Nissan called me today and said they can't get the engine light to shut off since they replace the rear. The service dude said they may have put the wrong ratio rear in it OOPS.
Oh and Guess which dealer has it.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
What did they put the D44 back there?

·
on line
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kokopop said:
What did they put the D44 back there?
They are saying its the wrong ratio but the same model rear the c200

·
on line
2,938 Posts
hmm. I wasn't aware that there were different ratios in the next gens. Interesting.

·
on line
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kokopop said:
hmm. I wasn't aware that there were different ratios in the next gens. Interesting.
Me either I think they are full off it

·
on line
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
USMC XTERRA said:
Well what dealer? Spit it out. I do know Nissan is famous for sending the wrong parts. Over and over and over again. That's a fact. MC
Hint: You can get YourNissanparts there.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Well, I graduated with the owner of my Nissan store, I hang out a lot and I know Nissan sends him the wrong parts to install all the time and it drives him absolute crazy! They admit they did it, but they don't pay him to re do the work, but he has to pay the mechanic so he looses both ways. I'm about sure this is what happened, they turn in the part no. And Nissan sent them wrong part with maybe same number. They put it in and find out hard way. Now the pisser, Nissan won't change the part no or put a note on it for the next guy. I have seen it happen time and time again, and about 3 months ago, same crap but on a Fronty rear.
So give em a brake, they are just as pissed and frustrated as you.
And .... Nissan won't let them open the defective part, has to be sent back as taken out. So they never saw the gears. MC

·
on line
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well someone really screwed up at Nissan It is the wrong gear ratio in the right rear Oops. It may not be the Dealers Fault but they should get there stories straight. They have had my Truck since Sep 23rd I mean come on it took 2 weeks for the first rear then a week for an ECM they didn't need and now over a month later I'm still waiting for the correct rear. Now I worked In the autobody business for 5 years and I have never had to wait this long for any part I've ordered and all my parts came from dealerships. And all they can say is at least you have a loaner car thats great on gas. Yea bet ya they wouldn't go for the lower payment for an Altima since thats what i've been stuck with for a month.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
I feel your pain, But I know Nissan does do crap like that to the dealers. And as I said above, Nissan won't even correct it when your dealer tells them what they did! So next guy gets equal treatment. Nissan needs to get on the ball.

They do some good stuff but they do so much stupid stuff that can easily be corrected. Ever change the sensor in a Van door? Had they put the plug a little more fwd, you could save half an hour labor.

Well, when they call and say it's done, tell em you'll pick it up in a month, they should understand! Did I say that? MC

1 - 13 of 13 Posts