Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used these? Are they crap? Are they great? I'd like more droop but I don't want to spend more than I have to.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
First off, you're not going to get more droop because that bump stop will lay on the coil bucket. Second off, these work, but the hardware is crap and you'll need to replace it if you want any life out them, PRG sells a kit to mod the hardware. As far as I know, the only two arms that clear the bucket at stock width are the SPCs (after you notch the bucket slightly to clear the ball joint) and PRG's.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Second off, these work, but the hardware is crap and you'll need to replace it if you want any life out them, PRG sells a kit to mod the hardware.
I did a little research on this back in the day, and my recollection is that by the time you buy the ebay arms + the upgrade hardware, you're about at the cost of the real deal where you don't have to worry about workmanship, welds, paint, etc...

If you can find a cheaper way to do it, I'm all about that, but this might be an area where you don't want to go generic.

·
Registered
101 Posts

·
Registered
09, lifted, 33's
69 Posts
rikrong nailed it. spc from rock auto with a 5 percent off code, or if all dogs puts something out.

·
on line
226 Posts
I'm waiting on AllDogs too. They're doing their development on a Frontier, so there's more info over on CF and those guys are trying to start up a group buy since there seems to be a lot of people interested in them.

·
Registered
323 Posts

This is what I just installed
How do you like them? Why did you replace? I'm looking to get rid of the coil bucket contact sound.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
How do you like them? Why did you replace? I'm looking to get rid of the coil bucket contact sound.

I changed everything because 240,000 miles. Once I got everything out, EVERYTHING was worn out. Ball joints, tie rods, sway bar links, EVERYTHING. All the sockets were like limp noodles. I replaced lower ball joints and control arm bushings. I wish I had just replaced the whole lower control arms. They are pretty cheap on Rock Auto. For what ever reason I must not have looked on Rock Auto for the lower arms. They were a whole lot cheaper than Amazon. Big regret. Now fighting a bad squeaking in the front end. Hadn't even thought about the spring squeaking against the spring perch.

·
on line
7,141 Posts
Crap

·
Registered
2,529 Posts

Those are not going to stop CBC, they are OEM replacements.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would not recommend.

These were Protune Suspension from Amazon, but I believe they come from the same place.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
With everyone's comments, I'd already decided on SPC's. That said, Mbakepdx, your picture sealed it beyond a shadow of a doubt. Ha!

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
36 Posts
No-one mentioned Total Chaos UCAs. A buddy has SPCs and so far to good. My TCs have been with me for 5 years and with the occasional grease have lived up to the hype.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No-one mentioned Total Chaos UCAs. A buddy has SPCs and so far to good. My TCs have been with me for 5 years and with the occasional grease have lived up to the hype.
They're just so dang expensive. What, performance wise, makes them worth it to you? I'm open to the investment if it's worth it on the trail.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts