1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
on line
1,884 Posts
I'm not a fan of spacers. Torque issues on the hub in my opinion...I plan on waiting until the market has more to offer

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im waiting on a response from the seller but i think that these are just spacers. i thought that they were adapters to run different wheels. someone told me that they had an adapter that changes your lug pattern around (i.e. 6 x 4 1/2 to 6 x 5 1/2) and i thought these were it but i think that these are just wheel spacers. yeah i feel the same way and from another source i was told that spacers put stress on the axles and will eventually damage them. oh well at least these would give your X a more aggressive stance.

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
on line
114 Posts
I find it interesting that everyone keeps saying that spacers are so bad when in reality it's no different than mounting a low offset wheel directly to the hub. while both will create additional stress, spacers have been used for a long time to increase the track width. I've used em and had absolutely no problems. It is extremely important however that the spacer be hubcentric and perfectly machined out of a reliable/strong material so as to avoid vibration or worse; structural failure.

any rebuttals?

·
on line
114 Posts
From the posts I've read about weak front diffs and possibly front half shafts, I would be more concerned if one were proposing the use of a 1-1.5" spacer PLUS a larger and wider tire than OEM.

I'm considering using a spacer in conjunction with the OEM wheels and tire size (but a BF Goodrich M/T instead of the Rugged Trail)

·
on line
1,638 Posts
2006x said:
I find it interesting that everyone keeps saying that spacers are so bad when in reality it's no different than mounting a low offset wheel directly to the hub. while both will create additional stress, spacers have been used for a long time to increase the track width. I've used em and had absolutely no problems. It is extremely important however that the spacer be hubcentric and perfectly machined out of a reliable/strong material so as to avoid vibration or worse; structural failure.

any rebuttals?
That's an interesting point. I've been trying to study up on spacers- its
pros and cons. But your point does make sense.

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So for 80 bux a pair, is this a deal or a rip off? Also, whats the difference between hub and lugcentric? How do you know if these spacers and adapters will work on our X's. 2006, ive also heard that they are not bad so long as you dont do anything to wild on the vehicle. Im not sure how they would hold up to the rigors of off road driving. Do you wheel alot in your X?

·
on line
114 Posts
I've just ordered a set of the 6-4.5 to 6-4.5 adapters (1" thick) from EZAccessory. The center bore on them is 73mm. Our Xterra hub center bore is 66.1. Because of this difference, you may want to get a set of hub rings to mount the adapter securely. EZAccessory didn't have the correct hub ring but 1010tires does. Hub rings should prevent unwanted vibration while driving and reduce/eliminate the sheer force on the hub studs. Unfortunately, the adapters from EZAccessory do not have a male pilot on the face to which the wheel mounts so that side would be a lug centric mount. As long as the wheel/tire is well balanced, shouldn't be too much of a problem ("shouldn't" is the key word of course)

·
on line
114 Posts
xterrock,

I believe it the spacers shown in your second link are what have created such negativity towards this concept in general. I'm not sure if there are documented cases of catastrophic failure with them but I don't think they're very highly regarded.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts