Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
on line
13,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was my idea first USMC! So i went to a body shop after hours where a good buddy of mine works, he has been restoring a jaguar......thats another post, killer car though. So since her works after hours i get to use all the cool stuff in the shop. He help me take off the front grill, which is easy, dont need pictures. Just pop off the 6 tabs holding it in on top and the five underneath. Its really easy, mine came right out. I then took off the front peice, and the nissan emblem......Got oout the sanding material and rubbing compound and scrubbed it down. Then let my bud paint it for me, he is the proffessional. I was going to make it a glossy black/shiny to match the paint. But we both decided that was a little fruity and when with the flat black, slightly glossed finish.

I only had my motorola Q with me, so here is the pic i took.

·
on line
735 Posts
I envy the chrome grills that frontys have.. I wonder what it would look like if I could send it off to get plastic-chromed?

they make those chrome plastic things for many products I wonder how it is done.

btw, looks good

·
on line
1,320 Posts
i think you inspired me... i'm gonna do this to my grill with some black truck bed coating when i'm off work this week.

·
on line
358 Posts
Now that is a look! David H and your grill. I like your grill better.

·
on line
564 Posts
Looks good! Can ya get better pics though?

Rob

1 - 18 of 18 Posts