Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
on line
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a medium size tent (8x8 or 10x10) that is of good quality but not too expensive. I like the idea of the hatch tent but don't want to go to that much trouble to set it up and it's a little too expensive for how often I go camping. It's just me and my dog (100 lb. Rottie) so we sleep in the X. Any advice on an easy to setup tent to store gear in? It won't be for sleeping, just for stowing gear.

·
on line
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be great, but I don't think those come in 10x10?

·
on line
15,651 Posts

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Ya know phucky, I didn't mention, "Harbor Freight", they have a lot of commercial tarps/nets/cases/ and Nylon bags--

--I have one I use ,to hold my Hatch tent/accessories/chain saw and it'l hold some firewood to--

--It comes with built-in nylon straps and bungie cords, I put it on top of my trailer, you could put your "equipment", in one and secure it on top the X--

--They're about $30.00 bucks and are 5' wide/2' deep and 2' tall--heavy nylon with rain cuffs-checkitout--

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Thats the story of my life Muzik--

Muzikman said:
??? Jimbo, was that post int he wrong place?

--No, phucky and I had talked earlier !!

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Yo plucky, you talk about removing the front seat, for your dog !!!

--Can't ypu do this, I can--

--

--gives you a lot more space !!

·
on line
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jimbo,

No, I don't have flat fold front seats and that really wouldn't help for my dog. I need a fairly large and semi flat place for her 6'x8' bed. I figured if I pulled the passenger seat out that would be the perfect spot. Especially with the back seat bottoms out. Should be plenty of room for me and my dog to sleep.

·
on line
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am also looking for a couple of those magnetic window vents that go over the entire back windows on the outside so that you can roll the windows down for cross ventilation without worrying about bugs. I know I could make my own but someone makes these external ones that allow you to roll the windows up and down. I just can't find the website that sells them. Anyone know about these? Please send me the link if you do.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Sorry my friend, I don't think there's much out there for the X--

--You just about have to roll your own, here's a pic I posted a long time ago--

--

--I used plexiglass/fabric screen and SS tape, nothing can get in but--AIR

·
on line
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's it! Thanks so much for the link. See Jimbo, I told you I saw it!

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Man, that looks great, they even show the Xterra--

--I never new about those when I made mine, I'll bet they work PRIMO--

1 - 15 of 15 Posts