Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a set of Titan OR alloy take-offs from an Ebay dealer for a decent price. Got a little bit of trade-in value for my Toyo M/T at my local America's Tire and had them install a set of the new BFGoodrich M/T KM2 285/70R17 that they happened to have in stock.

I was running American Racing Mojave 16x8's 6x5.5 with 4.5 inches of backspacing. These, plus the 1" adapters just made my tires stick out a little too much for my liking. The backspacing on the Titan wheels is 5.5, which moves the wheels in an inch on each side.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Also, this tire wheel combo is 15 lbs a corner lighter than my old combo. According to some info I dug up at Titantalk.com, the OR factory alloy weighs in at 27 lbs, and the 285/70R17 KM2 weighs in at 58 lbs.

·
on line
1,206 Posts
Wow that looks awesome! How are you likin the new BFGs?

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
atekt said:
Can't really say. I've only had them on dry pavement so far. They're pretty quiet for a M/T. Maybe a hair noisier than the Toyos. However, my muffler drowns out any tire noise. I have to roll my window, stick my head out and listen for it.

I hope to test them out in the snow next weekend. I'm really curious to see how they do, especially without any factory siping.

I really wanted them for Moab next May...

·
on line
1,320 Posts
Shawn, those look great... i wanted to get those over the steel Titan wheels but couldn't find any deals at the time I was looking.
Those tires are BA but to rich for my blood; at least you got $ back for the toyo's.

·
on line
1,206 Posts
OregonX said:
atekt said:
Can't really say. I've only had them on dry pavement so far. They're pretty quiet for a M/T. Maybe a hair noisier than the Toyos. However, my muffler drowns out any tire noise. I have to roll my window, stick my head out and listen for it.

I hope to test them out in the snow next weekend. I'm really curious to see how they do, especially without any factory siping.

I really wanted them for Moab next May...
Right on, well definitely let us know how they do off the pavement...

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Peck said:
Looks sharp!

So are those the Spyder Customs adapters you have?
Nope. I don't think Spidertrax has released their 1.25 inch adapters for sale yet.

I'm just running the 1" adapters from ezaccessory.com. Quite a few people on this board are running the same thing.

Thanks for the compliments.

I'm going to be signing off and heading to bed here in a while. Not sure if I'll have a chance to log on tomorrow, but I hope all you guys have a great Christmas.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I so want a set of KM2's, but the 16" version doesn't come out until next fall. :(

Please let me know how they wear on the street. That is my only concern.

·
on line
1,420 Posts
sweet!

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Muzikman said:
I so want a set of KM2's, but the 16" version doesn't come out until next fall. :(
Unless you wanna get the 315/75R16! :confused3:

Kidding...

Last time I posted I hadn't really taken it any farther than the tire shop back to my apartment and a couple of errands. Thanks to stop-and-go Xmas Eve traffic, I never really got it above 30-35 mph.

Got it up to highway speed earlier today and the tires definitely howl a bit more than the Toyos. It's not too bad, though.

·
on line
4,495 Posts
Just turn your radio up. :)

So thanks to you, I've started looking at wheel choices. I really like some of the Titan wheels but was always afraid they'd stick out to far with the wheel adapters. But I just got new tires put on like 2 weeks 3 weeks ago so I'd better wait...

I want to know how they handle in the wet stuff because it likes to raid around here, and the roads suck when its wet.

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Did those wheels fit the stock lug pattern or are you running a titan front end. They look bad-ass man! If they fit stock, im gonna start looking!

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Yeah, I am sure they are not quiet. Heck, the Krawlers which have a similar tread pattern but with what I hope is softer compound rubber are pretty dang loud.

The reason I hope the KM2's have different rubber than the Krawlers is because, if not, people will not get more than 20K out of them on the road.

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
xterra3100 said:
Did those wheels fit the stock lug pattern or are you running a titan front end. They look bad-ass man! If they fit stock, im gonna start looking!
No. The Titan lug pattern is 6x5.5, so you'll have to run adapters. I think that the backspacing on the stock Xterra wheel is the same as the Titan wheels (5.5 inches). If that is the case, running a 1" adapter with a Titan wheel will only increase you total track width by 2" over stock.

I'd like to think that BFG isn't dumb enough to market this is a Mud-Terrain tire but then use the same compound as the Krawler. They would have a lot of pissed off consumers if people were only getting 20K out of these, especially when you can get 40K+ out of the previous gen Mud-Terrain.

Guess I'll find out.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts