Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just got a little promotion so I'm treating myself (well, my X) to a couple things. I'm ordering shrock sliders and I'm looking into a set of tires. I'm looking for a set to go on my stock wheels to use offroad. I don't mind switching my wheels for a weekend outing. I don't do a lot of rocks or sand but mostly mud, dirt, and loose snow, so I was looking at the Super Swamper LTB. Specs: http://www.intercotire.com/site36.php

I am fairly set on getting the 31/11.5 only because I know that they won't have rubbing issues. However, for an extra 100 bucks, I could get the 34/10.5. The question is do you guys think that the larger tires will fit? I've got the daystar 2" which doesn't give me much, but I'm hoping that it may give just enough to clear these larger tires.

What do you think? I know a couple of you are running the 285/75's w/the daystar. Do you think there's any more room? Also, feel free to tell me if I'm way off base w/the LTB's on the X. I had bias ply TSL's on my fullsize Blazer and liked them a lot, though they don't last long when used on the road.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
No more room... Unless you want to do alot of fender trimming.... BoonDox had 34's but he had the AC lift with a 3" body lift on top of that. And he said there was no room for larger tires....

I have the Calmini 5" lift (actually it came out a little more than that with a few extra mods) and i am running 35" tires with lots of rubbing. Of course I have 12.5 inch wide tires so.... that makes a huge difference.

·
on line
1,891 Posts
Heck I just got promoted last May, and I am in the middle east, I've been buying a mod at least one per month so far, got about 4 boxes of stuff waiting for me to get home and install.
:cheers:

·
on line
776 Posts
tires

Ihave cepek fc-II's, and they are great on and off road! (265/75-16)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts