Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Super Black Pro-4X
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just stumbled onto these bumpers on Amazon. Unbelievable prices, and free shipping to boot! They only seem to make them for Jeeps, though. Maybe if enough of us wrote, they might do some. Just type in EAG Bumpers on Amazon.

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle
Automotive parking light Vehicle Wheel Grille Car
Wheel Tire Vehicle Light Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Automotive tail & brake light

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
doubt it, they are going after volume, IE jeeps.

idk maybe one could make one of these fir an X, but it would require some modifications.

·
TNX Veteran
4,629 Posts
idk man, seems too good to be true. Shipping is usually $150-300 on a bumper, so for the whole thing to be $450 feels like it is gonna explode. If you want it for looks/clearance, great, but I wouldn't trust it with a winch.

Like this review:

Automotive tire Asphalt Font Rectangle Tints and shades

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Not to dissuade you, but it's highly unlikely a high-volume producer who builds bumpers in China will take the development time and costs to come up with a bumper for our vehicles. There's just a not a market like there is for the Jeeps.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
China will take the development time and costs to come up with a bumper for our vehicles
Ha Ha, that's funny - CPP actually develop something. Just Send the Chinese copied CAD files from wherever and tell them you want to buy 100 of them. Patents / intellectual property mean nothing to them

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
5/32 inch soft steel
It’s a little thicker than stock rear bumper at 1/8 inch
Not the heavy duty 3/16 inch thickness

1/8 or 4/32
5/32
3/16 or 6/32

Doesn’t look so different on paper but 1/8 vs 3/16 is very noticeable

For looks 5/32 will be great just don’t hit things

·
Registered
105 Posts
There's a running meme about these cheaperAmazon bumpers you can find among Jeep owners. They rust out quickly, thin metal, and they're just not gonna last. I see these cheapo bumpers too often on mall crawler jeeps. They look so junky in person.

·
Registered
2011 Super Black Pro-4X
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay, enough said, I will steer clear of those. An intriguing thought came to me tonight... I wonder if a Frontier chrome bumper would bolt up to an X? Might need the trim panel between the bumper and grille too...

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive side marker light

1 - 12 of 12 Posts