1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
on line
13,466 Posts
Trade it in and get a car thats good on gas................................

Seriously though. I think someone posted about this thing before and everyone and their brother jumped all over the guy telling him what a p.o.s it was. I say as long as you dont hammer the gas you wont eat it up to quickly.

·
on line
268 Posts
now, for $7.50, don't you think the manufacturer would have done this from the start if it really did improve mpg, hp, tq, etc? Same goes for "air tornado's" and other chunks of metal one would consider putting in their intake tubes; electric super'boatblower'chargers; 'leafblower' turbos; etc.

Wonder why they don't show a picture of their "Dynamic Tuning Performance Module?" They don't work. Usually it's just a 0.10-cent resistor you can get at RadioShack that messes with the IAT sensor, which in turns reports inaccurate data to the ECU, which then tampers with the fuel curves.

To improve mpg:
-ensure your tires are properly inflated
-loose weight (get all the extra junk out of the truck)
-drive slower
-use the cruise control
-avoid rapid acceleration and hard braking
-plan your driving routes (if possible avoid traffic and turn right)
-change oil and air filters (I haven't confirmed this yet as I'm still gathering data, but I switch to Amsoil fluid/filters in everything and am seeing about a 1.5-2 mpg increase).

·
on line
2,938 Posts
There was a pretty good article in the Wall Street Journal today about gas mileage and why a 1984 Honda CRX gets close to 50 mpg compared to the 30 mpg of a 2006 Honda Civic.

·
on line
240 Posts
IT IS A RIPOFF! All the module has inside it is a resistor. The resistor plugs into the cable the "intake air temperature sensor" does, instead of the sensor itself. So, the resistor tells the computer that the intake air temperature is really low, for example 50 degrees F. The computer then increases timing and adds more fuel to make more HP. The increase in fuel economy is bogus.

How do I know this? About 9 yrs ago, the camaro/firebird community discovered this trick. Some folks found a whopping 2 hp, some folks lost that much. Its all BS. Car manufacturer's these days do a fairly decent job with the programming to begin with.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
mcampana said:
1984 better then the 06! Wow, thats an article worth reading.
I have heard that average fuel economy has decreased over time. Not sure when it peaked but with all of those crazy people driving 4000lb SUVs, it makes sense. :geek:

·
on line
4,495 Posts
If anyone knows they someone who bought those things, have them contact me. I have some great ocean front property in Kansas to sell them...cheap!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts