Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my front bumper to about 95% complete. Still have touch up to do and splatter to clean up. I'm thinking about putting a layer of rattle can paint on it until the weather warms up for a better paint.
My passenger frame horn has a slight twist it. The car was supposed to be accident free. Who knows? It was enough to drive me nuts. Stuff just wouldn't line up right. In the end, I left a couple things off just to finish up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I like your off road light setup on roof. im also thinking of similar setup for my X
can you please share the how is the light bracket fix into the roof and what lights your running, Any suggestion will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Looks good to me :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is the first attempt. Once I finish a few other projects, I am going to scrap this one and make a new one. I am not a fan of the lights being so far forward.

To attach it, take out the first two screws of the air damn on each side. I should echo what has said many times before. Purchase a rivnut gun in advance and make sure it comes with M6 rivnuts.

I picked up these lights off Amazon. They are a flood/spot combo. I find them to be more flood than spot. I use them at work more than anything, and they do produce a good working light.

I used a cable gland to go through the roof. My car came with satellite radio. I used that hole to run the wire. I did use 100% silicone on the gasket and on the wire where it goes through the gland. It rains alot here, and I didn't want to take chances.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bumper is getting closer to finished. Still have to wait for warmer weather for the finish coat.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finally got around to getting the bumper painted. It's going back on the xterra tomorrow

1 - 7 of 7 Posts