Future Mods.
Stealthing bumpers.
Tinting front driver/passenger windows.
More Lights

Completed Mods.
Removed mud flaps.
Audio upgrade. (updated 08-23-11)
BFG AT/KO's 265/75/16. (02-28-12)
OEM Fog/driving lights installed. (04-01-12)
Interior Bike Rack.
Inverter installed. (05-01-12)
Shrock Sliders (07-22-12)
Shrock Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier (04-10-13)
Satellite Radio (09-15-13)
Heated Seats (01-14-14)
Volant (01-15-14)

Bought this brand new in 2006 for the anticipated birth of my son and all his stuff to carry. First brand new car I ever owned which my wife used as a daily driver. Fell in love with it on the test drive. Recently bought the wife a new car so now the X is all mine. I originally titled it Extremely Slow Build cause I am also working on a Wrangler too. Pretty much all stock except for the brush guard, and trailer hitch.

As you can see all stock.

As it sits today. A little better but going slow.

First mod. My Sunglass holder. Pretty happy with the install.

Second Mod. Again happy with the install.

Its also my daily driver so I cant go to crazy with it. Have to be able to get kids and parents into it.

Updated (08-24-11)
Installed my JVC KW-AVX70 today. Install went extremely easy thanks to Xterra1102's write up. Its a nice stereo. Out put is awesome. Nice big touch screen. Can upgrade with Navi if I want to but my phone already has a great one. Also satellite ready but thinking of a different mod for that. Also has a rear USB cable (not shown). I ran the wire to the upper glove box area so its out of sight. Ipod hooks up to it and I can control it through the unit. Also can hook up a thumb drive to it. It can read all the music and can leave it in the car.

Detachable face also. The main reason why I purchased it.

Put my Bluetooth mic here. I have to move it closer because its too far away to pick up my voice. Was going to put it where Xterra1102 put his but after using it I need it closer. Could just be a crappy mic. Will be putting it in the headliner by the visor when I have more time to work on it.

Updated 08-31-11

Installed my rear view camera today. Same one as Surf and Snow's.

View from the Head unit.

And moved my Bluethooth Mic.

Updated 09-04-11

Painted the door handles.

Stickers

Tires

Inverter

Shrock Sliders

Shrock Rear Bumper and Tire Carrier

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. $400 at best buy. Crutchfield had it for $450 with all their extras. Trim didn't fit but it doesn't look to bad without it. A little space on Tue bottom.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
31 Posts
^^^ Same here. Door handles too. Its all in the details!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tires

Put my inverter (Harbor Freight 750 peak 1500 watt) in. Got the same one as Macguyvermedic (thanks for the help) and followed his write up. Put my switch here.

Ran the first outlet to the drivers side. Wanted it on the passenger side but didn't have enough room. I used an ooutside/all weather cover like Surf and Snow (thanks for the help.)

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Looked at your build after your comment about your "air freshner mod" on SurferX's post. Find it kind of funny you covered/blacked out your license plate in all but 2 photos. One of them gives a very clear shot of your front plate.

Just a heads up since the others were blurred out.

And, I like the bed lined door handles, they look great. Did you take them off to do it or just mask them on vehicle?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts