·
on line
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Dunie Whompin' Video

·
on line
63 Posts
Man, that looks like so much fun. I wish we had something like that place around TX, the beaches aren't the same.

·
on line
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pismo Beach, near San Luis Obispo, In California.

·
on line
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its true that after awhile, you get a bit bored. About a tank of gas should do it(that won't be very long with the revs up as high as they need to be.)

Although we camp out on the dunes, make a weekend out of it. Bring ear plugs because there is no curfew and atv's trucks, sand rails pretty much run all night. It feels like your "Beyond Thunderdome".

As for what I have found to be the perfect set-up?

15PSI, get some valve core removers or you will be there all day airing down. And don't wait until you get stuck...do it right away so you don't get stuck at all.

VDC off. The physics of sand driving mean turning of VDC as soon as you hit the dunes. You are pretty much in one big powerslide the entire time. So it only gets in the way. You are being propelled by sand being forced behind you, not your wheels spinning.

4HI and Drive seems to work the best, however you may need to shift down into 3 once in a while for a steep dune.

Like we say in the Coast Guard "Secure For Sea" otherwise your camp stove is gonna knock you in the back of the head. I liked the seats folded down as well.

A blast indeed, It sounds like a trip is getting put togeather over in the events section? Interested?

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Im down for that! Last time i was there they had thier annual land cruiser meet and i felt so out of place driving around the beach in a Pontiac grand prix rent-a-car. I wish i brought by X but it was an unexpected trip to the central coast. Let me know. Im in as well as a few other people in know.

·
on line
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

1 - 14 of 14 Posts